hi

hi

Saturday, October 30, 2010

grrr mad, but whoo party

Blogging now, because I'm going out later and don't know when I'll be back.

Set my alarm, but this magical 9:30am alarm never seems to register because I woke up, looked at the clock at 11:12 and went "CRAP!" and bounded out of bed. Showered, ate some toast. Then I was off to see the Animation Show of Shows at Cinema 21. A free showing of animation.

It was cold, but I had my mobius scarf. The animations were AMAZING. The show itself was put on by an animation producer, Ron Diamond, who travels the world and puts together a great "best of" animation roll. I didn't catch the name of a lot of the shorts, but there were some brilliant ones. One was narrated by Tim Minchin, I enjoyed that one. "Angry Man" was disturbing, sad, and so complex in its all together. There was stop motion meets Kent Williams piece that had my jaw dropped through it. It was unlike anything I had ever seen before. A lot of the shorts were like that. So unusual and beautiful. Pure art.

Then it was over and the Brothers Quay short was cut. Boo.

Went back. Ate some scramble (eggs and ground beef). Chilled. Went down to get a drink for the party. Gotta bring something for the hosts, and I'm not feeling up to cooking something (seeing as how the brownies are a bit stiff). Then I went to the computer lab. And realized I had left my guide at home. Again. What a dummie. And again I tried to go it without. I struggled for a long time, getting more and more pissed off. I should have just gone home, and gone back. But by the time I realized THAT I was too mad to be much more productive. I'm not a fan of technology. It just wouldn't do what I needed it to, and it pissed me right off.

So I went home. I'm behind on my sacred list. A better Trillian would take a breather and not go out and resume work. However I am not a better Trillian and really want to have a fun night. So I'm going to do that. And Sunday and Monday will be work days. Be at school. All days. In the lab. Working. Listening to stuff. Slide show, animation, computer printing, drawing.

No comments: