hi

hi

Sunday, October 24, 2010

that that is is that that is not is not is that it it is

Oops looks like I forgot to update last night.

Friday:

Slept in. Way in. Crawled slowly out of bed. Just did the morning thing, killing time till yoga. Yoga came. It was only three people and Fawn, but it was some good stretches. Lots of peaceful structured breathing. Afterwards I talked to Cherish a bit. Went back to my apartment. Had the last of my breaded cod and salad. Then I remembered that there would be food at the illustration party. Darn. Oh well. Got dressed up slightly nicer. Put on my white boots and headed out to Martin's Studio. There was a show up of the teacher's work. Martin, Annie, Chad, Kurt, Ryan Bubnis, Zachary something something, and the others. There was soda pop and wine and seniors and juniors and freshmen. The latter two I barely recognized any out of. It was a little awkward. Lots of small group chit chat. I chatted with Kristin and Ryan and this kid Evan and Dom and Tippi and Martin and Chad and Annie. Lots of people. It was fun. I stuck around till 8:30 and went home. Then I was like "crap it is 9pm on a Friday night, I should go do something" but then I didn't. Staaayed in.

Saturday:

Animation day! Well, animation night. Anyway, got up a little earlier. Had my usual huge breakfast. Eat a big breakfast, and your metabolism gets started on a high note!

Puttered around till 5:30. Still need to tidy my room up. It is getting really crazy. Well not REALLY but it needs some tidiness in its life.

It was starting to rain when I left. I got to the lab to find the room locked (obviously, they wouldn't leave equipment that free to students, especially when there are not good cameras) so I went to grab my animating supplies. Got some tape, plexi, ink, put some mineral spirits in tupperware, and brushes. TJ had come by security and got it unlocked by the time I returned. Hurrah! I taped down my plexiglass, and got to work.

I did four failed starts (or was it just three?) before my final one. TJ also did a lot of play with moving sand about under the light. I did a face, but the movement was not fluid at all. I did another face and it was also not fluid, though it had some nice bits. Then I just started playing with abstract line, and that turned out pretty good. I did the animation and then thought about what it was conveying, and I came up with decay. I could have animated the different parts for a lot longer, but the textural quality I dug. Pretty happy with it. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Clean up was intensive. Wiped everything down with mineral spirits. Got lots of black smudges all over the place, and I rested my arm in the ink more than once. Still, it looks cleans. And TJ's animation is looking good.

It was quite wet when I emerged. Lots of rain. But I also saw the notice that the theme meeting for the print portfolio is on Monday at 5:15! I should so be there and get in on that. I'll get so much awesome art if I participate.

Went home. Tabitha and Kristen were preparing to go out on the town. They were all sparkly and stuff. They also called a cab to get to the club across town. Pretty smart, seeing as how the weather still sucked. Daring girls to go out with no sweaters.

What did I say I had to do tomorrow? Oh yeah portfolio work day. Go to school, work in InDesign, document my shirt. Monday is print portfolio meeting day and then movie night. Before that, maybe print my portfolio out, so I'll be pretty much set for Wednesday night. Well, still need to do thumbnails for the Bear Deluxe assignment. And maybe an illustration for the fold out for my portfolio. And stuff. But that can be done on Monday, because if it folds out again, that won't require any extra design....the other sides are what need the design. And I'll do that tomorrow. Yeah!

No comments: