hi

hi

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween! And dressed as someone few people get

Shindig! Nada from They Live!

Well didn't get wild and crazy, but did have a good time. Mark, Kristen, and I cabbed it over to the other side. Our cabby was really nice. We were the first to arrive at 8:45. Karen was a beatnik, and BT and Phil were plaid buddies. I made my entrance with my "I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble" line from They Live. Then I snacked and drank a reasonable amount.

Robin, Jenny, Uriah came. Tabitha, Mel, Melissa, one of their friends, and a secretive and surprise Cidney showed up later. Dom, Josh, Janessa, and one of Janessa's friends came for a bit. Dom stuck around. We played Apples to Apples. One of Mark's friends came, as did Adam P. There was a lot of milling about and talking and cycling around to different groups. Josh came back later on for a bit. It was a nice little night. We three, plus Andy, cabbed back. Didn't take any pictures.

I need a new camera. The one I have is 3.2 megapixels and doesn't take good pictures. Maybe for Christmas I can get 4 megapixels?

Sunday

Wasn't even hung over. Go me! Did sleep in a bit, and forgot about the chocolate croissants I left out so by the time I got to them, they had deflated a bit. Ate my food. Packed up my stuff.

Went to school and worked in the lab till it got dark. Even with the handouts, I still had problems with AfterEffects. I had to rename a bunch of files to get them to sequence. I even made a little track in Garageband. And called it that. Then I started working on MY THESIS PROPOSAL SLIDESHOW. DUH DUH DUUUH. This is the 10-15 minute proposal that I have to give in a month to present my idea for approval. It starts with the idea (broadside posters depicting the mantras I have formed about friendship) then influences and past work. It's very rough right now. It needs to get a lot more files in and I need to work on the discussion. Right now I have about five minutes worth of discussion. Of course in practice, it will expand.

It is sort of surreal to be working on this. The actual real thesis.

Chatted with Cotey and Tippi in the animation lab.

Went home at 9:45ish. Got my costume on and went to Gypsy for about half an hour and chilled with Cidney, Mel, Tabitha, Dan, Cara, and two others. They did some karaoke. Then they went to CC's and I decided that it wouldn't be good to party that hardy (and spend money, I didn't buy anything at Gypsy). Went home. Ate some pasta and salad. Chilling out. Tomorrow is printing, slide show, and drawing. Need to get up and at it tomorrow. No leaving till after 3pm stuff.

Also since printing takes time to sort out, I should get there bright and early (me, early, HAR HAR, but I'll try).

No comments: