hi

hi

Monday, November 1, 2010

enter the void/exit my mind

I have a long night ahead of me so I better get started.

Okay my alarm must have something wrong with it, because again I set it to an irregular time and i have no recollection of shutting it off. I just woke up at 10:50 and went "damnit" and got up.

Oatmeal and tea for me. Then off to the print lab. It was raining. Again. And it rained off and on all day. I got cold and I'm still cold. It is that type of damp that follows you. And I'm really scruffy looking, if I could grow stubble I would have it. Haven't combed my hair. Just put it up into a clip. Blaaah.

Good thing is: my portfolio printed perfectly! Double sided and everything. Printed on Moab, which was coated on both sides, and it came out on the first go. Whoo hooo!

Went to the lab. Chilled in the lab. Worked on my slide show. Got hungry, decided not to splurge on pad thai and ate some hash browns (trader joe's) and salad instead. mmm carbs.

I caught the 7pm showing of Enter the Void. Now isn't the proper time to watch a movie, as I have a lot of stuff that needs doing, but it is only at Cinema 21 for a week and I knew if I didn't get right on it, I would probably miss out. The movie was unlike anything I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot. It was bold yet muted, dreamy yet lucid. The story is a sort of mental trip after the death of Oscar. He floats around through his past life and the lives of the people around him. It leads to how he ended up getting shot and how it affects people. It is truly intense and I can't say I'd recommend it. Not because it is bad but because it is very very different and something else all together. It really exhausted me. Actually, when I left the theater and all the people milling about were in a daze, just like I was. And someone commented on how tired we all looked. I actually stumbled home I was in such a shock from it all.

And now I just feel tired and want to go to sleep and attempt to get up and just start refreshed. Get up. Work. Be productive. I have the feeling if I stay up, like I usually do, I'll accomplish nothing but internet time waste.

And I'm in such a weird state right now. That movie. Goddamn.

I've checked off a lot of my check list. The main thing is the slide show and illustration piece.

No, I think I should make some sleepytime. Read a book. And go to bed. And set my cell phone alarm. If I can genuinely get up at say, 8:30 and have breakfast. I think I can get a lot done in between 9:30 and 3:15. A lot more than I will between midnight and four am and noon and three pm.

Also Packing for Mars is really interesting. I should finish it so I can lend it to Dad. I bet he would dig it. Space travel!

No comments: