hi

hi

Sunday, January 6, 2013

all hands on hands


It has been a rainy day in Santa Cruz. Hopefully it doesn't rain when I'm working, because I need to be outside to reclaim the screens, and if it is raining, well I'll get every kind of wet. But that is a few days away.

Some people looking for volunteers came to the door, so I gave them my number and said I am available on the weekends. It seems like a good cause, helping small business people and whatnot, and volunteering seems a good way to get out and meet people and help out and stuff.

I made a necklace today. The bead store is going out of business (oh nooo, but there is Let It Bead on Pacific (or Front...err the other street), so all was 50% off. But despite the deals, I just got what I needed. Didn't want to go crazy on beads and not use them. I used this charm that Morgaine made, and accompanied it with red square beads and blue circular beads. It's my little birthday prezzie to myself. I quite dig it. I like being able to just make what interests me, jewelry wise. I should get my other ear pierced, so I can make myself some earrings!

It was misting when I left to walk to the bead store, and heavier misting when I was getting back, and had gone into raining in the last couple blocks. But it wasn't that cold, and it was rather nice to walk in the rain. A man offered me his umbrella, but I declined.

It rained. I stayed out of the rain. At Last, the third book I ordered from Amazon with my gift card, arrived. WHooo! Now to just read Some Hope and Mother's Milk and then read At Last and then I'm done with the Patrick Melrose cycle! Good books. Great sense of words. I simply must read more. Sure I listen to oodles of audiobooks, but it isn't quite the same.

No comments: