hi

hi

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

no screens conquered today

Screens I cleaned today: 0. I had other stuff to do! I was acting as a second to the job that was run today, so when someone needed to step in to load/catch/remove some ink where it shouldn't be, that was me. I was in the main studio space cutting stickers and those half transparent things they stick on the window. I also coated the screens from yesterday.

Finished Horns, moved onto Guards! Guards! because I needed something a little light.

In the studio, the main open space has a table running along the back wall, the press in one area, and the long conveyor belt heater divides the press area from a slightly raised laminate floor area. The laminate area is where the manual press is, and where non messy jobs are done (like chopping stickers and weeding vinyl). The table against the wall is also a clean space, but is mostly used for stacking shirts for the jobs, laying out banners, and other space consuming jobs. It's also a bit high up for me, so I don't work at that area. There are some shelves that divide the press area from the garage area, where the garage doors can be opened to let in lots of fresh air, as well as accommodate vehicles for vinyl, and is the general boxes for jobs storage area. That is the main area, where generally everyone can communicate pretty freely. There is a wall on the vinyl side, and on the other side of the wall is the wash out booth (for washing out screens), the exposure room (a windowless room for storing emulsified unexposed screens, and the unit for exposing those screens, the cleaning tank for cleaning squeegees, and the bathroom. It isn't all blocked off in the back, but it is hard to be readily on call to step in if you are back there doing stuff.

There is hardly an un-utilized space in the studio, which I like. Though I still don't know where everything is.

Anyway. Now six more screens are to be added to the stack. So..55-20 tape removed + 6 with tape - 6 tape removed but the ink uncleaned as they might be run again and are low priority for cleaning versus all the other screens which need to be reclaimed soon - 14 reclaimed and emulsified = 41 screens to have the tape removed and 47 in total to have the ink cleaned, but not all will be reclaimed.

But I'm over thinking it.

My social security card came! Hurray. Now I just need to study my California Drivers Law booklet and book an appointment for an exam! Bummer they are only open on the weekday, which means I'll have to show up before work. Which means getting up earlier! Waaah. Oh well. If I get done before I have to show up for work, maybe I'll treat myself to doughnuts or something.

And my car rego expires February, so I need to get on that post haste.

Justified and Death in Paradise both had their season openers tonight. Wheee! I did my laundry. Exciting Tuesday indeed. Yup yup.

No comments: