hi

hi

Friday, January 11, 2013

999,999 : 1

This first week back at work kicked my butt! I have a knot in between my shoulders from all the repetitive motions of the cleaning of screens, hauling of screens, and all the other related things. Having a bit of variety is good. Not that I feel close to having a repetitive strain injury, just that this week has had a bunch of the same stuff going on, and prior to that I wasn't doing much of anything. So my body is adjusting to being in motion again.

I got a starter on sharpening squeegees. Wasn't so good at it though. It is tricky to get the speed right. Can't stop at all when doing it. Basically you are grinding off the bottom of the squeegee to make it really nice and smooth. Its a small grinder and you run the squeegee against it.

Brock came by with some printing stuff. I mixed up the new emulsion. He brought a clapper (you know, clap on clap off) BUUUUTTTTT it only takes two prongs, and the light and heater are three pronged plugs. NOOOOOOOO the exposure unit was going to be SO COOL. Oh well.

And I reclaimed the last of the screens! We sorted through the big job and pulled the ones that won't be used. And I also taped up a bunch of screens and listened to Guards! Guards! and started The Alchemist. The latter is narrated by Jeremy Irons, who sounds like a kitten wrapped in velvet.

Pa, I think I gave you Guards! Guards! I highly recommend it. There are a few pauses in the mp3s, I think that is just where they left pauses when splicing the tracks together or something. If the sound stops but the track is still going on, just wait. It's one of my favorite Discworld books thus far. Very good characters and humor.

Got out with plenty of daylight. Took a bath and read in the path. Need to get some bath salts or something. Baths are so boring when it is just hot water.

Watched Mr. Selfridge, well the first episode, it is a miniseries about the founder of Selfridge's, which stars Jeremy Piven who ALWAYS sounds to me like he is putting on a fake American accent. Anyway. Watched that, and Elementary. Now might stay up watching a Discworld adaptation on Netflix. I sleep in tomorrow! Yay!

And my birthday plans are coming together, which feels good.

No comments: