hi

hi

Monday, November 8, 2010

sytycdaaaannnce

Daylight savings time! Now we get more sunlight. Gets dark at 7 instead of 6. Whoo!

Woke up at 8am for some reason, but I guess that was actually 9pm. Got up. Ate a scramble and drank some tea and watched some stuff. Worked on writing. Showered. I'm cruising through the bullet points pretty good. I don't have the links between themes yet or corresponding slides, but it is coming along. Just gotta get the language and length down. It is at about four minutes right now (the thesis part). It needs to be double that, but I'm not done writing and polishing. I have three weeks to polish. But there is a lot of grime to get through.

Anyway, ma and pa visited Sylvia out in Beaverton and then hopped on the max and streetcar back to my neighborhood. I wrote for a bit more and then got dolled up for the show. We walked down to the max stop at the train station and hopped the green to the hotel. Dropped stuff off, grabbed some good at Burgerville. Yum! I don't eat a lot of burgers.

At 6:30 we walked the couple cold blocks down to Rose Garden Arena. There wasn't a standing line like the last time we saw So You Think You Can Dance. A half minute in a queue and we were in.
Even though we were a bit back, the seats were still good. We were on a more slanted section, so no chance of a blocked view. Also the seats were comfy this time. Speaking of time, it passed quickly and the show started before we knew it!! This tour show had less of the filler chatter and was dance dance dance all the way through! There were some jokes and stuff, but overall it was the routines we love and full of great dancers who were very fit. I hooted and cheered for Kent and Robert. They did my favorite routine (and moms). All in all, a fantastic time! Ma got me some cotton candy and then had to tell me to stop eating it because I was getting hyped up on it. It was a great night that totally took me away from the worries and stress of thesis. And it was nice to see the parents, especially as I might not be able to make it home for Turkey Day.

We walked back to the hotel, I watched a minute of Walking Dead on their cable. I love the show, but it wasn't a good part to turn to. Said our goodbyes, and I grabbed a cab that was waiting outside. Didn't feel like trekking from China Town to Nob Hill on a Sunday night.

Got back. Put on my jammies. Watched Walking Dead. Watched Boardwalk Empire. Have Dexter and Bored to Death waiting to be watched. Sunday is the main night, there isn't much television throughout the week (House, Lie to Me, Glee, Raising Hope, Community, Fringe, Terriers...yeah think that is it). I think I'll have some tea and watch Dexter and tuck in for the night.

Tomorrow I am going to school to work on dubbing in AfterEffects. Oh joy. Should swing by Ace Hardware and exchange my clock on the way there. What else do I have to do? Thesis slide show...animation...have a reading I have to do. I don't think there is anything in Advanced Illustration that is due. But yeah, when I'm done with animation (or when I get too mad to work) I'll come back and slide show it up. I don't feel rushed though. I've made good progress and need to keep fluid about it. Verbal practice and question asking and answering will fill it out as well.

No comments: