hi

hi

Sunday, October 10, 2010

packaging

Made a list of what I need to get done. It was alarmingly sizable. But now that I have it, I can get started.

Today was prep. I went to William Temple House and bought some shirts for my illustration project. Got an XL (there was only one in a solid dark color, and it is green) and several small and mediums in black or near black. Also got some Levi 505s for my Halloween costume. It was rainy and crummy.

I stopped by Paper Source to see what sort of packaging solutions would be there for a shirt. I think I might design a print, print it over paper, print on something adhesive like a label sticker and use that to bind it together. If I had see through paper, or cellophane, that might be cool. I'm limited on the time I have to get supplies, and I don't want to spend too much just doing one project. Need to be inventive.

After that, I went to Beau Thai and got some chicken pad thai to go, because I was craving it. The meal fed me for the rest of the day. It was good. Not fabulous but still good.

I went through my backup discs looking for good quality portfolio images to put into my portfolio. I feel like I should have more work than I do. Like...pieces. I'm missing documentation chunks, or I just wasn't enthused about a lot of the things I have done. But yeah, that task is done. All the images in good quality are in one folder. Now I just need to start piecing them together in InDesign or something. Doesn't need to be finished quality, just a start.

So tomorrow is printing/package solution day. Then I'll do a bunch of drawing in the afternoon for professional practices. And some writing. Monday will be animation day. And maybe some more drawing. Animation and professional practice drawing, once I finish printing those are the major things. Yup.

Oh Sherlock is this really good modernization of Sherlock Holmes on the BBC. Madeline introduced me to it. Martin Freeman plays Watson. Very good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very productive day. It is nice to finish things.
Me too. I worked over the weekend.

JS