hi

hi

Monday, October 11, 2010

do you think it looks like me?


Had a slow going morning...I mean afternoon. I knew printing itself wouldn't take so long so I took my stupid time with eating and errands. Went to Paper Source and got some over sized stickers to print on. Went to Utrecht and got some glassine paper. Not totally transparent. I'm going to print a sort of frame on one side, sew it together like a pouch, put a folded shirt in it so you can see the design, fold the top, and seal it with two large stickers with printed designs which match the shirt design. Not quite what I had in mind, but it should be presentable.

Got to school. Emulsified one screen. Photocopied. Did water emulsion drawing fluid on another screen. Turned the photocopies into transparencies by soaking them with baby oil. The drawing on the shirt is 400% the size of how I drew it. I also inverted the drawing, so that the space printed would be the white and the color of the shirt would fill in the black. So it is all cool and stuff. I haven't done this type of shirt printing. Sure I designed that print, but that wasn't like a shirt...logo. I also bought white ink for the project, because the school's white ink is dodgey and might not be good for fabric. But yeah. Printing went fast and very smooth. I got a little bit of white ink here and there on the shirts just in handling, but the design came through in a very nice quality fashion. I'm very pleased. I also printed a little "shirt by trillian 2010" speech bubble in the lower right hand corner of the front.

Hurrah! I should do more shirt designs.

If only it didn't take so long to heat press them. Blimey. A lot of ironing and I'm not sure how well it worked...won't know till it washes. Probably should be washed inside out for good measure. My ink stained clothes still retain the ink after many washes.

Went home. Ate some pasta. Heat set. Crossed off my check list. Tomorrow looks like "I'm going to sequester myself in the studio from noon till dark" day. Which is for the best. I just can't motivate myself in the apartment. Gotta do drawing and get stuff set up for animation. Animation assignment will be done in a crunch but I think I have a good direction to go in. I should just get to bed at a reasonable time. And considering how the one day I do have to follow an alarm clock is coming up, I need to get my body moving before 11.

No comments: