hi

hi

Thursday, May 15, 2008

taking my top off

I walked with Lindsay to school today because I had to haul my portfolios back home and there was no way I could bike with two portfolios. Modou brought in some croissant and cinnamon rolls. Some of the croissant's had chocolate filling! They were delicious. The rest of class was filled with discussion. I found it odd that Modou didn't see art as healing. Lindsay told her Douglas Adams coincidence story that relates to how she knows she belongs her(her car was called Starship Heart of Toon and her last letter to everyone was titled "So Long And Thanks For All The Fish" and then come Portland and she finds out her roommate is me, how divine). There was a knick knack slide show, I talked with Sarah about Allan McCallum(or whoever) and the mass production of unique objects. The box I had left at school by mistake was still in the exact same spot I had left it.

After class I ran off 20 more copies of my comic and resized it. Now they are all in nice and decent sized pages. I don't think I will load the whole comic here, but post my favorite panels instead.

I collected my things and started by trek home. In 70 degree weather, fast approaching 80, I had corduroy pants, a thick 3/4 sleeve shirt, a blazer, a leather jacket, two portfolios, a box, and my purse. I only had to lug it to the streetcar and from the streetcar to the Goose but uhg it was horrible. So heavy and so overdressed (had to be warm during my walk to school). So nice to get home and strip off all my clothes and relax. Eventually I put on my bikini top and my brown short pants. Sat about, ate some food, enjoyed the warmth.

I threw on a white tee and rode to school. I should have just brought the tee with me, the bike ride was so hot! The school was hot inside as well. Those poor librarians. I gave up some sardines in exchange for the removal of some of my books fines (they actually charge at PNCA).

The painting room did have some A/C. Erin was first with her beautiful cave painting/commune inspired pieces. They were massive and colorful and awesome. Charlie was overly humble about his fully rocking pieces. Karen surprised us with some nice text and portrait combinations. Ursula had a beautiful and meaningful family snapshot. And Joy destroyed the curve with her huge vanitas. Two people didn't show up so they are missing their finals. Uhm, okay??

After class I whipped off my shirt and rode home. Tra la la. I'm so pale. Need some sun something fierce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trill, as a university and college professor, it never fails to amaze me when people do not show up for or produce the final. They've spent the entire term working; all they have to do is complete, and then ... nada. There is even a name for it in psycho annals: motive to avoid success. It used to be called "motive to avoid success in women," but I guess men can do it too? It's actually a syndrome; might have another name now too. Good for you for showing up for drill! For being there in the ultimate sense; showing up for life.