hi

hi

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

sunny day, summer is here

It was hot today. I was making photocopies and I was getting really overheated.

Printmaking critique. I stopped by Safeway and got some cookies and chips for the potluck. Everyone else brought food. It took up the whole printing station. Amazing! Before the critique we cleaned up the room. Wiped it down, scrubbed it up, and generally made it look exactly like it did before. We took an early lunch so I hung out in the middle printing area and bugged Jim while he did screen printing. I went second in critique, after Rachel. Mine went fairly well. They liked how it was dirty (what?) and the boldness of it and the emotive quality. For some reason I felt really awkward talking about my work. I didn't quite know what to say. Wish I had made a variety of work, I just fell back on the figure in most of my pieces this semester (all five pieces). It was a nice little variety of work shown. I would love to return to Litho but apparently you have to pay a department fee to do so? What?

The potluck had strawberry shortcake, cheese, chips, juice, ice cream, rice thingies that Yoshi made, more chips, cookies, meat slices, crackers, just strawberry's, and pancakes. It was lovely.

Deanne(Deanna? actually that might not even be her name...damn she is in my comic class) asked me to write down a crush for a project she is working on. So I did.

I scanned my comic in the library. It was 82 degrees. Hot hot hot. It scanned in great once I figured out how to lower the brightness. I posted the cover right then and there while scanning. I only had time to make one smaller for posting. After that I figured out the arrangement for making photocopies and I set about making cheap copies to give out to people. After much trial and error trying to figure out how to get the feed tray to work and having alignment issues (I mixed up a 4 with a 9 and ended up having to recycle 10 pages worth of double sided copies). But much sweat and labor and dollars (it is just put onto my student account now, no longer is it change operated) I ended up with 10 actually legible photocopied copies of my comic! I plan to make a few more, nicer ones, tomorrow. It is great! Yay!

I don't have to make anything for the rest of the semester. Not really. Just more photocopies, return books, and tomorrow I am hauling the stuff out of my school locker. I will be walking to school for the first part of the day. Almost done. Two more days then it is summer time!

On the way home I saw a foot sticking out of a slammed car door. It was prosthetic but it startled me for a second. Someone must have left on their Halloween decoration.

No comments: