hi

hi

Sunday, May 11, 2008

museum cattle

Slept in. Way way in. Woke up at 6:45ish, in tune with my body clock. Went back to sleep. Woke again at 10ish, went back to sleep. Rolled out of bed at about 12:15. Very nice. Much needed.

Showered and got some nibbles and went to the museum to pick a piece to write about. Hard choice between a Bronzino-esque piece and this work of Cleopatra but I went with Cleopatra and the Asp because there was more I could find to talk about it.

I walked through the Dancer exhibit again but it was really crowded. Packed full of people with little headsets listening to the numbered exhibits. Every number had about five people gathered around it, staring blankly at the piece. I really just wanted to look at the Lautrec lithos, to see the number of colors and how they were made and layered. Most of them looked like they were just four colors, just arranged and combined in wonderful wonderful ways. That man is a genius and a talented artist. Blows my mind. I would love to do more litho after this class. Such a challenge but so fun.

Went home. Sat my bum down. And drew. I only managed to get one full page done. The washes went a lot quicker, but the sketching was a real pain. I get a real uneven feeling from the character design. She isn't all that consistent. Well, I'll just keep working. Trial and error, trial and error.

Watched about four episodes of QI (I am making a list of episodes I have seen so I don't rerewatch the same ones). And a few Doctor Whos.

I'm not feeling too good. I keep eating, hoping to feel better. Some of what I eat are sweets and some are like soups and rice and tuna(thank you again Tuna Claus) but still I feel ill. Stress and exhaustion probably. I'm starting to get burned out.

No comments: