hi

hi

Monday, May 12, 2008

I Am and Art Is.

These printing days just leave me in a slump when I get home. Waah.

Turned in my Art History paper and we had bagels and looked at all our inspired art. I would say that a lot of pieces didn't fair as well because of the inclusion of the 511 building. Lots of shoved into the background and not subtle things. Yeah. My Fry portrait is smack dab in the middle at eye height. Pretty nice spot, if I say so.

Jim and I hung out for a bit and then we parted aways when it was time for Yoga. I got my neck nicely stretched out. Did me some good. The stress was starting to get to me in a way I rarely have felt before. Blimey.

From 1:30 to 6:15 I was in the print lab. For the first part I was just applying washes to my comic and waiting for Rachel to finish up. She finished up earlier than I thought but I still felt I got out late. I think I have enough correctly registered prints, as per the assignment. Sadly some of them got screwed up by the plate being funky and incorrect lengths of pressing time. Such hard work. Oh well. I tried.

Pedaled home. Slumped into my chair. Scarfed food. Watched Kingdom and House.

And now I am considering my final assignment for Modou. I have to talk about my ideas about making art, my process making, my ambition, where I want to go, concepts, etc. Hmmn. I have some notes about it. I see art making as expression of an idea, an image, a debate, anything really. Effort makes art good. I have stories and ideas and images in my head that I want to express, I don't like doing highly conceptual stuff. I'm trying to convey a single thought and not many or something abstract. I don't do pieces that say ___ means ___ because I find that very untrusting of your audience. It really narrows the field and doesn't let them come up with their own thoughts. Yeah. Stuff like that is what I will be talking about.

No comments: