hi

hi

Saturday, December 15, 2012

I want to go back to Middle-earth as soon as possible

My across the street neighbors are having a shindig, and the live mariachi band has been playing for two and a half hours now. OH OH is this their last song? Though every song for the past 45 minutes has felt like it should be their last song. Please make it stooop. It has to stop some time? Right? I drove to Walgreen's and bought a bottle of wine to get a break from the music, as well as something to get me to mellow, because printing and ceaseless mariachi was driving me up the wall.

I went with the Agoston Garmacha & Syrah, and I find it quite tasty.

NO THEY ARE STILL GOING! STOP STOP STOP!

Hopefully as we are nearing 10pm, they'll shut up.

Okay so I didn't blog last night because I got back late and I was tired. Soo...

Friday:

I double coated screens for discharge, and burned a bunch of screens for printing. A job coming up has no pieces up against other pieces, so it will be really easy to register. If ink is next to other ink, it has to be precise, but if the piece are just floating, then it is really easy! Moreso if it is on white shirts, which require no underbase. Huzzah! I ran part of the discharge job as well. I finished Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. So good! The descriptions in the book were so precise. It only took a couple words to really get a picture of it all. (Oh God they are playing ANOTHER SONG!). It was a good shift.

I headed up to San Jose and hung out with Steve for a little bit before The Hobbit. Then, THEN IT WAS TIME FOR THE HOBBIT!

I didn't need to preorder the tickets because the theater was far from full. But I got a really good spot in the middle. I dropped my wallet, but a lady was all "hey did someone with a Washington license loose their wallet?" So I got it back.

The Hobbit was amazing. It was so very good. The visuals were (that song has ended....please not another one start....) the visuals were engrossing and detailed, but in Imax 3D, it was still quite clear. The dwarves were all separate and (NOOOO!) I could tell each one apart. Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bombur, Bofur, Dori, Ori, Nori, Kili, Fili, Dwalin, Balin, and Thorin. No reference needed for me! It felt a bit short, but only compared to the other Lord of the Rings movies. It was so nostalgic as well, seeing some of the characters again after nearly a decade. I loved it. I need to see it again, and soon(they've stopped...please don't start again). There was also singing, which was lovely! Nice to include the songs in the movie.

I hope this coming year passes quickly. I can't wait for the next movie! Oh and in the Imax, there was a 10 minute Star Trek trailer, which was AWESOME!

Then I drove home and went to sleep.

...the band hasn't started again. I think they have stopped. I THINK THEY HAVE FINALLY STOPPED!!!!

Saturday:

Slept in a reasonable amount. Had some oatmeal and a mason jar of tea. Worked on my prints! My cards are done, just need to be sorted (the goods from the not so goods from the bads) and folded. I got one layer on my Christmas print done but as I was working on the second, the band started playing and the layers were not quite lining up and I was starting to get anxious and frustrated. So I cleaned up my printing (the ink I mixed was too runny, and too dark, so it will be good to restart anyway, and went to Walgreens. I had a pasta dinner earlier.

So now I am enjoying my wine and finally getting some peace. I don't know if I'll resume printing, probably not. I think I'll just take it easy. Have some calm. I work tomorrow, but I don't think it will be a long shift. I can print in the evening tomorrow. It doesn't take that long to actually print. I was held back more by the prints drying than the set up. My at home set up works pretty well, just so long as the Mariachi doesn't play.

And yes, they have appeared to have stopped. Whoo!!

No comments: