hi

hi

Sunday, December 9, 2012

can I just do a double post for every weekend?

Saturday:

Set the alarm because I had errands and couldn't do the 1pm wakeup thing. Had oatmeal, forgetting I had eggs and bacon in my fridge. Went and got paper for Christmas presents, and got some beach reference photos. It was a nice day for it.

Afterwards I drove up to San Jose to meet Steve for a house party/barbecue thingy. It was a fun shindig. There was so much food! And bacon was heartily used in most of the dishes. I ate a ton of mac & cheese, and noodle things, and beef with broccoli. Met Travis, Kate, a second Steve, Nargas, Sam, Crystal, and others. It was full of computer and engineers, but none of them could figure out how to adjust the color on the TV screen. Haha. We watched the Gary Mitchell episode of Star Trek on the projector. Gary Mitchell is supposed to be the new Star Trek movie villain (played by Benedict Cumberbatch).

Got back to my house after the shindig pretty late, so I went straight to sleep.

I finally finished Shadow of Night, and have started with the Patrick Melrose novels. I have the collection of the first four in one tome. It is so dense and beautifully written. Can't wait to read more! No longer am I languishing at the words of Deborah Harkness. I had high hopes but that book was just a disjointed mess.

Sunday:

Slept in! Hurray! Had a big scramble. Worked on my holiday gifts. Had some frustrations though. Wasn't a good work day. But as long as I keep working through the evenings in the coming week, all shall be well. Have to get up early tomorrow and get some Mylar, so I can get the seps ready for printing. Won't emulsify and expose my screens for a few days, but I want that done by week's end.

Now I am watching telly. Will probably tuck in early and read, though I know I've written that before.

No comments: