hi

hi

Friday, December 14, 2012

long days and cold nights

Not only am I wearing a sweater over my sweater, but I am also wearing gloves. Buuhhh it is cold! My room just retains no warmth whatsoever.

In 24 hours, I'll have watched The Hobbit! Ahhh!

I'm pretty tired and shall soon be retiring to bed. I've been reading in bed before sleeping, and that has been nice. Reading the first of the Patrick Melrose novels. They are so exactly written, and the words carry so much weight with them. I dig it.

Work ended up going loooong. But I can do looooong because soon I'll be heading hoooome. Vacation is just days away! And I may be working Sunday. I'll sleep Saturday. Actually I'll be printing Saturday, but printing my own stuff. I got my screens burned at work, so those separations worked out. Not totally perfectly, but good enough. It will be a long Saturday...or maybe it won't be? I won't know how long it will be till I start.

It was warm early in the day, then got cold fast.

We ran these two color fronts, that were pretty simple and the same colors, just four different designs that needed lining up each time. Then we ran a discharge job. Boss provided dinner, which was awesome. The discharge agent removes the color of the shirt, which makes the ink not so heavy on the fabric. It has a cool look to it, and the design we ran was one I still enjoyed after the end of the run. Discharge takes a lot of set up though, because it will break down the emulsion. And you need to print FAST because of it. No pausing like with plastisol. I also cleaned some screens and set up some screens to burn. It will be busy tomorrow as well!

Almost done with Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I have the next Thursday Next book to listen to, so that should be perfect.

Time to crawl into bed. Tomorrow awaits in all its excitement!

No comments: