hi

hi

Thursday, December 13, 2012

separate & work it out

Have the separations (aka the layers for screenprinting) done for my Christmas print!! And for my Christmas card!!!!! Tomorrow I expose them, and hopefully I'll start printing them that night. Hurray! Neither are large editions, or large prints, so they should print relatively fast. Wheee! I drew them using sharpie on transparency sheets, used for overhead projectors. I had a bit of a driving adventure looking for Staples. 17th magically doesn't connect to Soquel like it should, or at least not in an obvious way, so I went down 7th and jogged over, and the streets between 10th and 17th are named, not numbered, gaah, but I found Staples! I bought a 12 pack of bigger Sharpies, because one can never have enough Sharpies, and some fine tipped ones, and some envelopes to send my cards in (I splurged and got bright envelopes, so it really looks like you got a card, and it isn't just some white envelope blah whatever), and the 50 packs of transparency sheets were, like, fifty bucks, but I just asked the person at the copy section if I could buy it by the sheet (because obviously you can get transparencies printed there) and you can! So I got six sheets to be safe (I only needed 4, based on the scale I'm drawing at). It costs about five cents more a sheet to get it singles, but I'd have to be making a lot of separations before it would become better to break down and buy the stack instead of as needed.

Anyway, got some junk food on the way home because I was tired and lazy. Ate that, and got to drawing! I have watched soooo much Once Upon a Time tonight. Well, it has been on in the background while I worked. It, like Supernatural, is a perfectly functional background show.

Work was stressful. A lot is needing to get done, and it is getting done. Somethings are smoother than other things. I reclaimed screens. Finally got one job finished that has been waiting to be printed for a few months now, so all those screens, which are the most commonly used mesh count of 156, are back in circulation. Or they will be when they get coated. Boxed the job we ran today.

Tomorrow, hopefully, is long because day after tomorrow I can't stay all that late due to having to drive up to San Jose to see THE HOBBIT!! I should plan to get there around 8...so I should leave Santa Cruz at around 7. So I can work up till 6, which is still a pretty good late, but it's nice to have some down time.

Ahhh, time is running out so quickly! Have so much to do still. Wahhh! In less than a week, I'll be back home.

No comments: