hi

hi

Saturday, December 29, 2012

cat's pajamas

I took a nice long hot bath and just went straight to bed.

Friday:

Last day with ma and pa. I set my alarm, because I didn't want to be short on time, getting everything packed. My last breakfast was an omelette, I believe. I packed my suitcase full of goodies, and sheets, and pillowcases, and packed a tote with my birthday presents. I'll put those in my chest and forget about them till the 21st. Ma and Pa tidied the property. I petted the doggy. And before we knew it, it was time to head to the ferry. We drove in the Prius, so the weather has retreated enough to allow that. Finally!

I hugged Ma & Pa goodbye. Hopefully they won't miss me too much.

I read my book on the ferry crossing, and all was well. Brynne and Dan were waiting on the other end, and off we zipped to Bellevue (pretty sure that is where they live, all the tertiary Seattle burrows sort of run together for me). We put up our feet and opened presents. Brynne loved her gourmet food supplies. I got jammies! With a kitty print! And a yoga cat calendar. Booyah! I like cats, too bad I am allergic to them. Moreso Brynne and Dans. I've been sitting in the airport for an hour now, and I haven't sneezed or blown my nose.

After presents, we went into town to the always phenomenal Flo sushi. Nums. Such good sushi. We scarfed it down in no time, and caught up on the details of our lives. From there we went to the theater. Brynne saw Silver Linings Playbook and Dan & I saw Django Unchained. It won't be my favorite Tarantino, and it was about 30 minutes too long, but it was quite enjoyable in many parts. Waltz and Foxx were very dynamic on screen, both apart and together. It was quite funny, but also extreme. Some of the scenes felt like a western kung fu flick.

We met Brynne at Koral and then returned to their home. I ran a lovely bath and soaked and read, and they went to sleep. I soon followed, in my own bed of course.

Saturday:

Slept in. Well, slept in till 10. Brynne was off working out and being fabulous.

And since writing that sentence, I've gotten on and off the plane and returned home.

So I had waffles for breakfast and that was good, and I followed it up with a pulled pork sandwich was good but ultimately I don't think it agreed with me. Dan took me to the airport, and I had plenty of time. Once I got on the plane though, things started going south. I felt nauseous and that sensation of not knowing if you are too hot or cold. We were taking off and BAM I used my airsickness bag, something I've never had cause to use. Thankfully it wasn't that large of an amount and I kept it contained and my neighbors were nice about it, some even handed me extra bags, just in case. I heard a "oh no!" from somewhere else in the plane, obviously caused by my expellations. When the seat belt sign went off, I went to the bathroom and trashed the bag and up came the rest of breakfast. Oh joy. I then spent the next two hours quite miserable. The ginger ale helped, though that came up later, but I'm jumping ahead of myself. Anyway. We landed a bit early, but the luggage took its sweet time coming. Eventually it did arrive, and I waited for Nate at the pickup area. He got some dinner, though I was ill so I opted out of everything but a soda. I took a few sips and then had to say, "Nate, can you pull over to the side so I can puke out the car door?" Which he did with efficiency, and I did with...well I feel bad for that person's driveway but it WAS mostly fluids at that point.

At Nate's, I took a hot shower and worked on fluids. I napped and kept warm and watched him play games. Once I had stabilized and didn't feel ill no more, I drove home to Santa Cruz. No more vomit! I'm just tired and weary.

Not a fun way to end my trip. I hope whatever it was isn't planning on staying. Just a bit of unmanageable food, or something.

Now to get stuff done, after a long long sleep.

No comments: