hi

hi

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I have my towel, and it is magnificent

Ahhh what a lovely mellow Christmas. It did snow, but only about a slushy inch, and it has been raining, so things should be all right.

As per the tradition, we three started with our legos. And they were Hobbit themed! I got a Mirkwood elf and Kili and Fili set. There are Legos for each dwarf, but you have to buy each set to get them all, and that is a LOT of extra Legos. I got Hobbit feet socks, and a Tardis beach towel, and a Gryffindor snuggie, and a Hark! A Vagrant calendar, and jammies, and socks, and chocolate a plenty, and bike reflectors, and a speaker thingy, and new shoes. A pretty nice assortment of swag! Oh and a sweeeeet gift certificate.

Breakfast was omlettes and sausages. And later on there was spanakopita. It took me a while to assemble my Lego. I was the last to finish opening presents. Ma liked her John Muir portrait, Dad liked his boat, Helen liked her garlic, and Nate liked his Adventure Time. At least....I hope they liked them? They seemed to. Lots of gifts all around.

Poor Ma and Helen were coughing all day. We played Agricola and Helen won. We hot tubbed as it rained. I used my Turbie Twist, which is a towel specifically for drying hair in a bun thingy. I've always wanted one but never got one, and now I have one!

I'm determined to not get to sick.

The turducken was good, but I was much too full to consume a lot of it. Christmas dinner was very early, and bountiful.

It was a very nice day. Good gifts, good company, lots of fun. Too bad everyone is getting so sick, and Nate and Helen leave tomorrow. But I have a few more days!

No comments: