hi

hi

Saturday, August 4, 2012

new chrome in our domecile

Tickets confirmed, I am coming home! For one full day (during which I will be at Cherish and Isaiah's wedding) and two half days, during which I will be flying. Still, it will be nice to see the family and see Holly and all that. And also grab some clothes and books and things. And I'll get a chance to experience the San Jose airport. Yay?

Today I set my alarm. Enough sleeping in! Time to return to some sort of schedule. My tummy hurt through most of the day, so I took it easy. Got out and did some grocery shopping, as you can't make creme cheese avocado sandwiches without creme cheese.

All the cashiers at Trader Joe's are so nice. I wonder if they'll be friends with me? Oh god, I sound like the whale in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

We got a new faucet installed in the kitchen, as the last one was leaky. I didn't notice till Janet pointed it out to me. I should have noticed, because instead of having a separate hot and cold knob, it is one of those singular ones where you turn it one way for one, the other for the opposite, and inbetween is, well, inbetween. And it is shiny. And doesn't leak. For a mostly observational drawing artist, sometimes I can be really not observational.

There are seven avocados on the table in our breakfast nook. SEVEN! I need to look up a guacamole recipe, because uhm, SEVEN AVOCADOS!

The fridge was smelling a bit like old broccoli. The culprit was old broccoli. Composted that. I might spend tomorrow cleaning the fridge. It seems like the last roommate left food behind (as there were some eggs with a June expiration date). It isn't a big fridge. I think just getting to the back and making sure there are no more suspicious vegetables, ya know?

No comments: