hi

hi

Thursday, August 2, 2012

defending probably bad habits

Texted with mom about how frustrating and slow Shadow of Night is. It is kinda amazing how I can read a couple pages and a lot happens, but then I get through 50 pages and it seems like NOTHING has happened. I love the magic descriptions, but some of her writing is just, erggg, needed someone to read it before it went to print. A bit rushed or something. I'm hoping that, after the 200 page mark, it picks up. I am comitted to not starting any new books still I finish one I'm currently reading. I ordered Cloud Atlas and a biography of Lucrezia Borgia, so those are my incentives to finish Shadow of Night. It seems to be picking up, now that Diana is all "I need to find a witch". YES. YOU NEEDED TO DO THAT 200 PAGES AGO! COME OOON!

Anyway. I went to the beach. I only go down for an hour, hour and a half. Enough to get warm, but not enough to get pink. Tomorrow I plan to bring some of my art supplies, so maybe doing some drawing will extend my exposure and thus, give me a tan. I know tanning is bad, but I've been pale for so long. Vitamin D is good too! And as long as I'm not, you know, spending 6 hours toasting every day, I should be good. Just a little bit to get my freckles started. The sun is still a novelty to this Pacific Northwest gal.

I miss work. I like doing stuff. I like working.

No comments: