hi

hi

Sunday, July 29, 2012

no bed for the wicked

Target has opened in Capitola, and I swung by to check out their furniture selection. They only had a couch. No futon. Gaaah. I want a bed! I think this lack of bed is what is throwing my body out of whack. Or maybe its the inactivity. Hmmn. Anyway, I need to make some more expeditions to find a futon bed of sorts. Even a futon would be a step up, and I could procure a frame later. I ended up getting a seven pack of generic work shirts (white small mens shirts that come in a multi pack) and some head bands and nail clippers. Now I have 2+ weeks worth of work shirts. Hurrah!

Early in the day, I went to brunch at Storey House, where my friend Michal lives (though she is moving out). Storey House, it is on Storey Street, is a little bit run down but has its indie charm. It has a back yard with a turtle pond, and cats, and is filled with a pretty cool array of people. I can't remember their names, but they were all nice. I brought juice and showed off my impressive Champagne opening skills (mimosas!). The food was lovely. Corn tortillas, beans, perfect potatoes, spinach pie, brownies, ahh what a spread! Everyone knew each other and I felt a bit out of the loop, but still they were friendly. I was invited along on the record shopping expedition but I declined because I wanted to run the Target/futon errand. Though that ended up being bust.

Made myself a massive scramble for a late lunch. Three eggs, a bunch of bacon, chunky onion, all fried up together. Mmm. I think I shall become really good at scrambles. That will be my "thing". Oh, and I put tapatio on it. Yum.

Spent a lot of time on the couch. Tomorrow I'll go down to the beach and later make a vacation to do list. Art that needs to get done. Correspondence to compose. Those things.

1 comment:

Jared MacKenzie said...

A nice couch can make a okay bed. I hope you find a futon soon.