hi

hi

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

veggie trip

It will be interesting to see how I use these many days off to work and be productive. Like I've said many times, recording my productivity in this blog keeps me productive. Today I got up at 10ish, instead of sleeping in till the last possible moment. Had a little breakfast. Got ready. Went to school for Student Council to turn in the Yoga budget request forms for Fawn. Got them in. Talked to Michael and Carrie a bit. Student Council went pretty well. The days of squabbles and money concerns seem to be over, which is nice. The vote for yoga is tabled for next meeting because it is over $200. Afterwards I went to the library and checked out a big pile of fun books. Namely the complete Taschen vintages mens magazine tomes. Really awesome scandalous books. Stuffed them into my bike basket and went home.

Our fridge was devoid of vegetables so I went to Trader Joe's. Salad, apples, bananas, bread, some treats. Had a salad with almond slices and vinaigrette for lunch followed by some chips and hummus. Go me, being healthy! I've now moved onto listening to Clash of Kings. Now anytime I'm not doing a task that requires reading, I am listening. So hooked.

For the rest of the day I sort of stared at my notebook and tried to wrangle my thoughts. Last night I had this bolt of an idea for how it could look but now I'm having trouble really making it visual. I sat at the table, ate some pasta and orange juice. Looked at my notebook. Started writing more stuff out. Realized that my thesis at the core is about the self and the community and the relationship between the two and appreciation for both sides of it. So I wrote out some thoughts about groups and community, and self worth and stuff. The foundation is slowly getting built, piece by piece.

Drew some more portraits. I need to buy a new note book to draw them in.

Sat with Kristen at the table while working on my logo as well. That was nice. Bounced a lot of stuff back and forth from one another. Now I'm tired. Damn you alarm clock and not sleeping in! Tomorrow I am having a quick meeting with Joan. And then I shall sit and draw and try to sort my thesis out more. Meeting with Martin again on Friday. End of the month I'm supposed to have a sense of the visual language of the piece. I feel like I'm behind, even though I'm doing work. Eerrg.

Todays Portrait Is: Beth Austin.

No comments: