hi

hi

Friday, January 28, 2011

magicians do not exist





Went to sleep with a pounding headache. Not sure if it was henna fume or stress induced. Popped some advil. Listened to my audio book. Eventually it subsided. Woke up just fine. Rolled out of bed at 10. Had some scrambled eggs and tea. Took a shower because I can't start a day without one, even if I shower at night. I just feel gross after sleeping if I don't have a shower.

Did the Internet rounds. All though the round where I check my student email I neglected.

Went to my studio so that I'd be in a "work" place so that I could focus on work. Which worked! I got some good writing and planning done. Did some sketches. Got my mind thinking. I think I'm going down a good track once again. My mind has been having trouble visualizing this thing. I think it is getting on visual track as well as the foundation. I think I'm getting there. Getting to it. Doing it.

Then 2:20 rolled around and I went in search of Martin. Went to his office. He wasn't there. Went to the commons. He wasn't there. Went back to his office. He wasn't there. Went to the commons. He wasn't there. Asked Ruth at the front desk if she had seen him, she said no. So I went to the computers and checked my student email. There was an 8am message saying he couldn't make the meeting. Well, at least not knowing that got me out of the house and working. Scanned some stuff and shot him an email summing up my thoughts. Worked in the studio a bit more.

Returned to the apartment. My Roos from Zappos.com were waiting for me! They look so freaking awesome. And the fit perfectly. So comfy too. So much grip, so much cushion. Chucks better watch out, I might just have a new sneaker love.

At 6:30ish, I went down to Le Happy, this crepe place that is on Lovejoy and 15th or something, to meet Cidney and Mel. I've never been though I have passed by it a bunch of times. It was a little hole in the wall place. Very cozy. We chatted thesis and Washington and general stuff. I had the ham and cheese crepe. Delicious! We split a honey and lemon one for dessert. It was a great little meal. We left right as people started to line up for tables. I had some time before the movie so I joined them in the walk back to Mel and Melissa's. Because they have a kitten! Little Zsa Zsa! I terrorized it for about fifteen minutes, and then headed home. No one calls me all day and then they all start calling and texting when I'm riding my bike! It was just Karen saying she wasn't going to be at the movie, and Rollyn saying he was at the movie. But I'm not going to bike and talk. That is crazy!

Dropped my bike off at the apartment, said hi to Kristen and her visiting family, and then dashed to Cinema 21 to watch The Illusionist. Rollyn joined me in line, even though he had the ticket. Inside we found Asha, Eva, and John (Eva's boyfriend). I had organized a little "hey who wants to see the new Sylvain Chomet movie" get together on Facebook. Heather and Daniel were also due to show up. After we got settled, I went to get some popcorn. Heather and Daniel were in line for treats, perfect! They sat behind us, because there was no more room in our row. Which was better almost, because it is easier to talk to people behind you than five people down.

The movie was delightful! It was also a bit sad. Set in the late 50's (I could tell because of the cars, yay for fins) it was an animated movie about a French illusionist and a Scottish lassie. A mostly wordless tale of their friendship. Lots of great character designs and little moments. A darling little film. Sad at times. And it made it seem like Scottish was a foreign language as well. Couldn't understand a bloody word of what the girl was saying. Afterwards we all chatted in a little group. Daniel and Heather parted ways. And Rollyn and I parted ways, so I could walk him safely to his car. But then it turns out that Eva and Asha and John all live along the same walking path, so for a few blocks they mock stalked us and we chatted some more. Then we really split paths. I got Rollyn safely to his car and then I strolled off back to my place. Love my 'Roos.

Kristen's family is in town for the weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to go paper shopping for my thesis! Oooohhhh! Big decision big decision. And then in the evening it is Melissa's 21st birthday. I'm likely to only be there for the first chunk of the shindig. But who knows....





Todays Portrait Is: Asha Whittle.

No comments: