hi

hi

Sunday, January 23, 2011

party and whatnot

Yesterday:

Got to sleep in! Hurray! It is nice to sleep in. Oh how quick I appreciate sleep, even though I've had too much of it. Ate my breakfast and made a to do list. Showered. Kristen and I walked to Fred Meyer. I got chili fixings and took out some cash, because it is good to have cash on hand. It was a very bright day. My sunglasses had dropped on the ground and the center part broke. I need to get super glue to fix them. It was a good little Fred Meyer's haul. Though I forgot to get super glue. No matter.

I poured all the stuff into the crock pot, set it to low. Helped tidy the place. All that jazz.

My party was a sort of sequin dress theme, though not enforced. It was mainly an excuse to wear the sequin butterfly shirt that belonged to mother dearest. A great high statement piece. I also took the time to do a nice eye makeup look. Kristen put together a great ensemble. At 6:20 we walked to Blue Moon. Unfortunately only one of the three big tables was open. Last year all three were, so we expanded as people arrived. I just figured we would wing it as people arrived.

Harmony and Peter came next. Then Rollyn. Asha. Jennifer & Steve. Jim. Then the table was full. Then Eva. Mel. Thom. Daniel and Heather. Karen. What a lovely massive group, all in celebration of meee! And there was only one waitress for the whole place it seemed. She was obviously over worked, but she wasn't good at all either. Had to double ask all the orders, should have just written them down. And any food orders took forever to come. I tried to do my best to go around to all the different people and chat. Eva got me a new micron. Peter and Harmony gave me some jam and tea. Thom gave me a James Jean sketchbook (Sweeeeet). Daniel and Heather gave me Bacon soap and a sushi stapler and a wonderful unicorn card. It was awesome. Not awesome was the service. I had thought we would stay longer but because it took so long, we ended up packing up for my place early. The check was a hassle as well. Dom and Morgaine arrived as we were packing up. Hurrah, they didn't have to order!

Most of us went back to my apartment in one group. Harmony and Peter went to Freddies to buy beer. We had just enough places for people to sit. Oh also Dashon, Asha's boyfriend was there. The chili went fast. Too fast. It was all eaten before Harmony and Peter arrived. Oh nooo! Robin and Samala and Jon also missed out on chili. It is too good to stick around in the crock pot. It was literally full when I had the first taste, half gone the next time I looked, and then scraped clean the third time. All in the span of like, five minutes. I gave Peter and Harmony my recipe as consolation.. So people came and people went. Oh, my owl cupcakes were well received as well. Everyone thought they were cute. I drank the rest of my giant Ninkasi Sleig'r beer, what I used in the chili. After a game of spoons and when it got close to the last run for the buses, it came down to just Jim, Robin, Harmony, Peter and myself. I popped in Big Trouble for whatever reason. A nice charming laughable movie. After that it was just Robin and I for a bit more. And then it was just me. Kristen and Tabitha went clubbing. I tidied up a bit and then crawled into bed.

Today:

Thankfully with a crock pot full of chili, the only thing you have to clean is the crock pot and the bowls. I listened to my audio book and cleaned bowls and spoons. Went fast. Showered. Ate breakfast. Tidied up. It wasn't a hootenanny, so it wasn't really that unclean anyway.

Rollyn and I met up for the 4:45 showing of Blue Valentine. Hurrah for student discounts! It was a solid little depressing romance story. Nicely unveiled as it went a long. Beautifully shot and acted. Wasn't the uber film I had been anticipating, but I think that I might have hyped it up too much for myself. Still, nice performances. Hard to watch sometimes because it was so real seeming. Afterwards we watched some MST3K. Always a better note to end a night on.

Stopped by Safeway on my home to get some super glue. But they didn't have it. So I got some razors instead.

Now I'm working on sorting out the themes of my thesis mantras and waiting for stuff to download. Top Gear, Shameless, Episodes...that stuff. It is only 11pm but it feels much later. Feels like 3am in Trillian time. I feel very....tired. I need to photocopy my master calender that I've made. Photocopy it, make it bigger. Hang it up. So that it looms. Tomorrow is thesis research and writing. It isn't till 3, but I plan to get to school early to do some stuff. Like photocopy my master calendar. The next few weeks contain a lot of decisions that will decide the next three months worth of work.

Todays Portrait Is: Alfredo Lettenmaier.

No comments: