hi

hi

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

not so serious

Decided to sleep in. My body hurt so much yesterday I figured that it needed the rest. Had my usual scramble and tea. A good way to start the day: protein! I'm working hard at getting the food groups. Veggies, protein, dairy. And sweets. Always sweets.

Anyway. My skin looks so bad today. Bleh. Don't know what happened. I think I'm fussing with it too much. Maybe using too heavy of moisturizers or scrubbing too much. I'm almost out of my Ocean Salt Lush stuff, so I think I might try a different fancy goop from there.

Went to school to meet with Joan. Just a short little thesis meeting to touch base and talk. Her conversation with Rachel went long. In our conversation, I mentioned being unaware what I wanted to argue in my thesis. I then started talking about the preciousness that people apply to the word art, and then Joan said that there was my argument: art shouldn't be this word synonymous with good, precious, fine, quality, and so on. Art is art and shouldn't be relegated to just "nice" things that have no function. What of architecture and craft? Anyway, pretty broad thesis right now but I'm also talking about gift. I think I can whittle it down.

Afterwards I returned to my studio and got to cleaning it up. It has become a bit of a depository for stuff and less of a work space. Recycling a lot of old pages. Put away some flat work. Stowed some stuff in this book shelf that Karen left in my studio. She also left a paper garland and her spray painted yellow folding chair. It is a nice looking space once again. All Robin's egg blue and red, with white accents and the yellow chair that stands out vividly. I love it.

Went home. Ate a salad. Went on Tumblr and looked at art. Then I took my birthday money and went up to 23rd. Went into Lush and talked to them about skin care. The nice face lotions are out of my reasonable splurge price range. I think I need to work on the cleansing part of my skin care first anyway. So much nice stuff in Lush. They even have henna to dye your hair with. I wonder if doing a Henna rinse might be a nice change of pace for me. It isn't permanent, right? Maybe going redder for a bit...hmm. Or darker. Or maybe just pump up the color in general. I haven't done any sort of dye to my hair in ages. I'm sort of impulsive about certain things, once the idea is in my head. The odds are good that tomorrow after class, I might return to Lush and talk to them about the henna and by night's fall, I'll have a different hair color. Or maybe I'll regain my senses. Anyway. I got a bit of the Herbalism type facial scrubby cleanser. It seems a bit finer and more gentle than the Ocean Salt I've been using. I wish I had a chance to try some of mom's Mask of Magnanimity. Anyway. Excited to try my new face stuff. I then wandered over to MAC, as I am wont to do when I have some extra cash that has been gifted to me (or earned through art, I like to spend money that is mine on the extra frivolous stuff, as opposed to the money that is for food and art supplies and ohh I need to pay rent soon...). Anyway. I looked at the blushs, thinking of upgrading, and then remembered that a primer for eyelids would also be good to have. Primers make the eyeshadow stick a lot better. Anyway, the lady at MAC was nice and even gave me a little make over! She put on two different primers on each lid, and then eyeshadows and mascara. Gave me some tips. That was fun. And now, many hours later, I still look the same. Thanks to the primer. So I got the primer. Fun fun fun. Next time I give mom a makeover, I'll make it more dramatic and take pictures.

Now that I've blahed about makeup, the idea of changing my hair color has gone. I shouldn't muck with it.

Anyway. Went home. Munched on more veggies. Worked on reading. Worked on sketching. Back to serious school work.

Todays Portrait Is: Jennifer Hayes.

No comments: