hi

hi

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

two wagons hitched to one horse

Got the space heater running at the bottom of the futon, got my laptop atop my lap, and the anticipation for the hot tub tomorrow is brewing. Ahhh it is good to be home, if only for a little bit.

Had some toast and propel for breakfast. Mmm. A reasonable start to the day. In class we looked at some animation shorts and stuff from previous classes. Ambitious but reasonable projects. Only about ten people were in, probably due to holiday travel and the weather.

I had lunch with Daniel and Heather at Barista. We gabbed. I bragged about my zine. I had steamed milk and a muffin. Afterwards I helped Dom a little bit with his crossword puzzle. It was more difficult this time around. The rest of class as a brief discussion of our projects and then we were free to go. So I did.

Went home. Ate some macaroni and cheese. Packed my bag. Went to Trader Joe's and got some snacks for the parents. Mark and Kristen gave me a ride to the train station, which was awesome as it continues to hover around freezing. The line in the station looped around itself. It took a while just to find the end, but find it I did! I sat next to a lady but we didn't talk. I grabbed a hot dog. Took a nap. Read my book. Got lost in thought. Then I was in Tacoma!

Ma and Pa were there with the truck, which had a few inches of snow in the bed. It was a relatively uneventful ride home. No black ice. No skidding. No snow. I talked about my thesis, but didn't go through the practice.

Since I have my big bed in Portland, I know have a little futon for when I return home. It isn't so bad. I'd rather have a big bed in Portland and a small bed here, than the other way around. Got the space heater cranked. It's quite cold. But can't complain. Tomorrow is turkey day!!

No comments: