hi

hi

Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful for love

Just because I post at 11:35 pm, doesn't mean I go to bed exactly at that time. Just means I wanted to get on with my writing before I got to the queue of stuff to watch. Like Misfits, Terriers, and Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

Anyway. Stayed up watching the first half of True Grit. It is interesting how much just simple filming and shots have changed in films. Now we take our queues from scene set ups to understand the meaning of what is being depicted, instead of reading into a scene. The original True Grit isn't overbearingly shot and sound tracked, so it encourages less enthusiasm from the audience.

Slept in, as per usual. Ma and Pa did the cooking. I got up. Had some bacon and eggs. Then hot tubbed. It was a great morning (see: afternoon) to relax in a 103 degree tub of water. It was very brisk and there was still snow. Ahhh Seabeck.

Then we started hauling the food into the Ford Contour, and off we went. Picked up Rubie. It was a Mats Mats Thanksgiving. We supplied most of the meal, with Grandma and Grandpa providing pre-dinner snacks and drinks. Martinelli's galore!

Turkey was moist, the bread was warm, the salad had delicious avocado and shrimp, the broccoli couldn't decide if it wanted to be raw or cooked, and the gravy as delicious on the potatoes. I didn't have everything on the table, but I had enough for me. We didn't say what we were thankful for. But I'm thankful for my wonderful friends and supportive family. There is so much love, and I'm thankful for that.

I laid up on the couch while everyone else enjoyed berry pie (I don't like berry pie) and ice cream. I laid up some more and skipped out on being generally helpful. Watched the tail end of Goldeneye and the start of The World is Not Enough. I helped marginally to put stuff away and then we said our goodbyes.

It had started to warm up, so the roads were better. We dropped off Rubie. Went home. Snacked on stuff and watched Top Gear clips. Then ma and pa tucked in. And now I'm tucking in. But that doesn't mean I'm going to bed.

Don't know what we'll do tomorrow. Maybe get a Christmas tree. I have to practice my proposal. Finish up my slideshow. Work. Bleh. Don't like work. But in just a few very soon days, I'll be proposing. It is inevitable.

No comments: