hi

hi

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Traeger Joe's

Waking at 10 is lovely. So wonderful.

Today was sunny. Bonafide sun. I didn't really need the extra layer at that time. Wow.

Printmaking kicked it right off with a critique. Augin's howling wolf was well received. This cute bird was cute. Phil's woodblock of a woodblock was trippy. Devin had some nice lines. Brandon wasn't finished. Bre's wallpaper looked old. Diana's robot was still glossy. Junko had a lovely green. Patrick's was very bright and one of them hurt some classmates eyes (this was brought up in the critique). Mine was well received. Some people did a floating image in their field of color so registration wasn't so badly needed. Mine was all over the place. Next round of prints, I will have to be more careful. We are doing a reduction print, which means the layers will be made as I carve from the block so it will be one on top of the other and all that. I will start by practicing in photoshop. Do a sketch and then take it into photoshop and color it with layers, each one a copy of the last and only being able to subtract from that. It is hard to explain. We have three weeks.

For lunch I had a small salad and a smoothie from Laughing Planet. Healthy healthy! Karen joined me. We sat in the park and enjoyed the sun. The rest of lunch was served in the library. Diana hovered. I read some Mamet.

Yoshi showed us a little slide show about reductive printing. I looked up the address of a place to buy silk screens. Want to get mine ahead of time so I can practice a little bit. Karen and I might go on Friday morning. Printing takes so much money. Actually, not the woodblocks so much but getting that 22x30 screen (or whatever size it is). This Club Coordinator job will provide me three figures at the end of the semester. Sweetness.

We got out a little early so Karen, Diana and I walked to Powell's. I just wanted to draw people. After wandering with Karen while she searched for books, we parked it in the coffee shop. I was very happy with the multicolored scene I drew. I have free time tomorrow, maybe I'll scan some of my sketchbook. I walked back through the dusk by myself. Yoga is just for Trillian.

And yoga is also for like, 10 other people. It was a huge turn out and there were like five dudes there as well. Not dudes that are interested in me, if you get what I mean. I still can't balance but my joints are getting more flexible. Back into the bend of things.

I swung by Trader Joe's on the way back home. Toilet paper, canned food, cereal, chocolate, pasta, and other things. Oh shoot, I forgot to buy bagels. I need to stop buying lunch in the Pearl District. The amount of work I have this semester puts me in a position that I don't think I would be comfortable trying to find a job. I don't think I could take the work load of both of them, and that is being said before I start cracking down on my comic pages.

Jason Traeger was in TJ's. We chatted a little bit. The lady who wrung me up went to PNCA. We talked about Morgan Walker.

I like the ride home from Trader Joe's. After the ascent to 21st, it feels like such a breeze the rest of the way.

Finished my math homework up. Painting my toenails pink so I have something fun to look at during yoga. Watched Girl with a Pearl Earring. Had some Trader Joe-O's for dinner. Oh boy, I'm up way too late now. But it's still not so bad because I can get around seven hours of resting in the bed time. It isn't that hell of 6:30 alarm, 7:00 get up, 7:45 out the door. I don't know how I did it so diligently for three semesters. Blimey.

School is a lot of work. The stress and challenge got me last finals. Now is the point where I really have to work for it. Show up. Do the work. Think. Study. Know. Eat chocolate.

And here's a shoutout to Auntie Celia. You are awesome!

No comments: