hi

hi

Monday, February 16, 2009

behind, on track, not ahead yet

Four hours on my feet in the studio means I am 2/3 done with the second half of my print. Joy. I arrived at around three and found some stuff on the press. I loitered elsewhere for about 20 minutes and when it was apparent that the person who left the stuff wasn't coming back, I moved it off and began printing! I went easy on the pressure and it came up quite nicely. I put an orange on an orange for a monochromatic scheme. As I was working, some bits chipped off. I carved more. Sucks that my block is crumbling as I work it.

You have to clean everything twice in the print studios. Have to clean the glass before you use it. Clean the tools before you use them. Everything needs to be cleaned before you can use it because the last person didn't do a good enough job.

I went to Hot Lips for a late lunch.

Augin (I think that is her name) was also printing. She had a wicked howling wolf print. She got all of her editions done in less time than it did for me to do two.

The second came along a lot faster. Also I figured out that I was rolling it in a weird way and that was why the carved areas got ink in them. I was rolling it so the brayer would go into it because of the stripe pattern. The piece came up much cleaner when I figured that out. Duurrrr. The second print was violet on a red orange. Uhm, cross complimentary colors? Who knows, it looks awesome though.

Got home at around 7:20. So much work. Chilled for a long time.

Karen and Adam came over for House. I drew them for this weeks figure studies.

I'm behind in my comic. The script is the hardest part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you ever going to try a print from that etched plate we got in Brussels? I know it is not a wood carving but since you're in the print room - maybe give it a try.

JS