hi

hi

Saturday, February 21, 2009

buppy

Illustration Drawing Club had its first meeting. Robin and Karen met at my place and we all walked to the Union Station together. It was a sunny and beautiful day in Portland. A little chilly but not so bad. We were about 15 minutes late but only Jen was there and she was already drawing. We all migrated into the station and Jen went off somewhere to draw the ticketing area while the three of us took up a chunk of the bench. I drew this little boy with a blue Popsicle smear for a mouth and gradually worked up to drawing all his surroundings. I switched colors and was generally really happy with how the thing as a whole turned out. A hour whizzed by. We moved outside for a bit. I treated myself to a hot dog. Daniel showed up and had cookies to share with us. Samoa's. That's right. It's Girl Scout Cookie time people. I love me some thin mints.

Tired of drawing the train station, we migrated to The Pearl Bakery for lunch. I just had a soda and Jen went to get a burrito. She didn't return. Karen, Robin, and Daniel all had sandwiches. Robin's cousin Abby showed up. I bet her before. I remember that I made a big ice cream mess of myself last time we went, she didn't.

We went to the Museum of Craft or Contemporary Craft Museum or whatever it is called. They had this massive installation of crochet and beading. It was a massive structure. There were stars and owls and a giant pelican constructed out of the material. Very labor intensive and beautiful. Upstairs were some drawings done with thread on fabric. Very nice. The museum was very careful about having lots of DO NOT TOUCH signs and a lady that kept a careful eye on Karen's proximity to the sculpture.

At around 2 we split ways. Abby and Robin hit the town, Daniel went to work, Karen and I walked back to the Goose. I worked on cleaning the apartment, more laundry, more cleaning.

Katie's friend Amanda is in town. I think that was her name. There is an A in it. We met and visited. It was groovy.

The day creeped by. Now it is time to get ready and head to Union Station once again.

No comments: