hi

hi

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm doing good shopping

Comic Class was delayed for a week so now I can take some time to really focus on my really behind scripts. I've been very dedicated to reading my Mamet and I have been learning a lot. Doesn't say a thing about how to write scripts but oh well. Well it probably does, I'm just not there yet.

Math was uneventful. The calculator on my phone only allows a certain number of digits so I had to borrow Karen's for some of it. We went over homework and he introduced the expected value when it comes to things like the lottery and insurance. The class is only an hour and fifteen minutes long so we are not really able to cover that much.

I emailed some people about club stuff and talked to Michael and got a room schedule so I can tell people what places are available and when, in case they wanted to start a club. My prints had been moved to the bottom of the drying rack but they were in good shape so no biggie. Karen was eyeing which ones to claim for herself. She is very grabby when it comes to prints. SHE NEEDS TO GIVE ME A PRINT. SOMETIME. YOU KNOW. KAREN.

Read Mamet in the library.

Student Council was quick. We brought up the concept of a Prom, anti-Prom, Morp, Ball, Gayla or whatever. Just a nighttime dance party shindig at the school.

I just followed Karen around for the rest of the break. Chilled in the print lab, talked to people, meandered. Time passed by.

I started over on my Peep Show illustration. Still, all those hours spent drawing them didn't go to waste. I needed that practice so when I simplified it, they still came out looking like they did. I'm very happy with the final product. Karen tapped on my shoulder and urged me to talk instead of listen to stuff. Probably because she didn't have her headphones with her. Joe, the teacher, is really good as swinging by and giving little maybe tips to improve your piece. Like offsetting the color and adding a dotted gradient in the background. He gives tips but lets you tweak it for your own desires as well.

Karen and I hung about for a bit, working some more. I was on a roll so I was able to get mine done. The print lab was full of my classmates finishing up their prints at the last minute. Praise to me for working hard. Harder than I needed. Got piles of prints up in here, what what!

I walked with Karen back to the Goose. That is to say, I took my bike on the streetcar like a chump and went back that way. I could have ridden it back, but I didn't.

Ate the leftovers and some insanely bland pasta. Worked on my script and outline for my comic. Tomorrow is a longish day. Critique, new technique, and yoga!

No comments: