hi

hi

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

moore

Oh what a lovely sleep I had.

Illustration was, for the first half, going over our ideas for class projects. Mine was the whole illustrate someone elses silly suggestion concept or do editorial illustrations centered around our classmates. Some of the other suggestions were much more in depth. It was a fairly relaxing first half. We had an early lunch and I grabbed a couple apples, some ritz, and a super marked down thing of fruit jellies from Safeway. I mostly read to myself for the break and Karen joined me near the last half.

Our model was one I had never had before. Her name was India and she went to school with Robin. Small world. She had some nice poses but wasn't so skilled at holding them. The classmates were rather critical of her on that front and made several snide comments. I didn't think that was nice at all. I combined charcoal and ink in my drawings, just to give them a little extra flair.

I shared my fruit jellies around. They were a big hit.

After class, I napped in the library. Napped for a good hour by accident. I didn't know I was that tired but the chair does suck you into a nap state of mind.

Finished my prints in record time. The black rolled up the nicest but all of them printed a little smudged and crooked. My registration device was crummy. Will have to do better next time. Brandon was finishing up his flat colors as I was surging through my details. No more chipped off my block.

As I cleaned, Jim came in and we chatted a little bit. He was wearing like 7 layers and I was in a mear 3 (and the outer was my leather jacket, which is fairly light).

Gabe made chilled noodles with not really spicy chicken and delicious sauce. I worked on my math homework while we watched The Champions. The Champions is a show from the 60's about three agents who get super powers from a monk, but the powers are not really that super. Sort of better hearing, extra strength, and quick healing. Basically any super power that only needs a sound effect and a zoom to indicate its use. It is campy and fun.

Another day ahead of me, another week, more work, more more more.

No comments: