hi

hi

Friday, October 17, 2014

pricing ties and plates

Another day working in the antiques business! I went to Christa's office, aka her house, on Bainbridge Island, and working looking up things on eBay for the prices the item has previously sold at. Checking dates and conditions and similar items. And entering the info into a spreadsheet. I priced quite a few really nice ties. Made me wish I wore ties. I ate apple pie for lunch. Apples are healthy!

It was nice to work with Seattle in my view, all engulfed in rain and gray.

The drive in was uncomplicated. I hit a bit of traffic getting to Poulsbo but it was fine for the rest of the drive. I have some at home design work to do this weekend. Only 5-6 budgeted hours. I like this job thus far. It's fun, it's varied, I'm learning new things, and seeing so many cute antiques!

And it feels good to come home and to relax from a day of work because there isn't the anxiety and guilt of unemployed relaxing. I'm only half employed, but once I find out about the hotel job, then things will go one way or another.

And Ma and Pa are visiting tomorrow! Though I have seen them many times in the past week so I don't know what we'll talk about. A tree came down and I don't know if I can deal with that on my own.

No comments: