hi

hi

Sunday, April 21, 2013

beaches, brunches, and bunches of company

Friday:

Boss brought in Jeff to run the press. Jeff was super nice. A dude with many years experience. He finished the backs and did all the fronts and meanwhile I did the other stuff. I coated screens. I mixed a new batch of emulsion. I cleaned screens. I reclaimed screens. I cleaned squeegees and floodbars. I broke down the press. Cleaned more floodbars. Coated more screens. A nice full day. This John Corey novel is SUPER long, like holy crap I could have listened to at least a Discworld novel in this time. But it is charming, so I'm sticking with it.

We got our new stove and it is clean looking and white and all that.

Steve came down later in the evening and we went to Hong Kong Charlie and got take out. We consumed the take out with a bottle of Riesling and it was all quite tasty. It was a very good night.

Saturday:

Steve and I were too lazy to make a breakfast, so we went out. Santa Cruz Diner had a line, so I drove back home and we walked to Zachary's, which I heard good things about. The wait was very short. I had tea with eggs benedict and oh wow was it good! I love me some eggs benedict. I ate it with my hands and I got quite messy, but I'd like to think that is part of my charm. That I'm a tactile eater. Either way, Steve didn't seem embarrassed by my sloppy company, so all was well.

Afterwards, we walked down to the boardwalk and beach. We walked through the surf. I bought some Dippin' Dots. We sat on the beach. We absorbed the rays. It was such a warm lovely day. It's so nice to be withing walking distance of brunch and beach. Steve's neck got a bit red, but I was pretty fine.

Back at home we watched the first episode of Broadchurch and the new Doctor Who episode. Then we took a nap. Then we said our goodbyes.

In the evening, Janet, Alana and I drank wine and ate nachos and girl talked. Janet worked on the junk drawer and Alana put things away. I sketched and tried to be helpful. It was nice to get to know the housemates a little better. It's a really nice living arrangement.

Things are just really good, ya know?

No comments: