hi

hi

Thursday, April 25, 2013

building my art collection, one screenprint at a time

The skies were gray today, but I persisted and wore cutoffs. Just cutoffs AND a hoodie.

It was a solo clean up/prep day at work. 17 screens were cleaned and reclaimed by the end of the day. 9 Screens were burned. One screen was prepped for discharge ink. Almost done with Plum Island. This damn novel is so needlessly long. Like...whole chunks of the story could probably have been massively abbreviated with no real loss to the plot. It's not like it is fancily written! Not sure what I'll listen to next. Insurgent? Hannibal Rising? Strong Poison? The audiobook world is my oytster!

At home I watched telly and drank some tea that Alana prepped. Alana and I chatted about school and Rubik's cubes and the societal pressures to fit in and how being raised with different eating habits can affect your relationship to food as an adult. You know, girl talk.

Any recommendations for good books for me to listen to? Always in the mood to try something new.

Oh, and some Sera Stanton prints I bought on Etsy arrived. I need to get some frames for them. And to find a nice place to hang them. Hmmm! I bought this print for Janet as a birthday gift. I don't think Janet reads my blog...but yeah. I need to get a frame for that too. At least my Stanton prints and that print are standard sizes. Nice and easy! Etsy is such a trap for me. So much art! And really well priced. Though those prints are all that I've bought from Etsy in the past couple months. And the second Stanton print was a special deal sooo.

No comments: