hi

hi

Saturday, February 9, 2013

good night & sucky afternoon

Saturday: 

I am finishing Saturday with a bottle of wine and period BBC television. Oh, and chili.

DOWNTON ABBEY!? WHAT THE HELL? You don't end a perfectly happy final episode on that note! That just...is just too mean. Boo! I am watching the final episode of Parade's End. Finally finishing up TV that has been in my queue for a while now.

Earlier today I ran some errands, and I parked downtown and put 30 minutes on the meter, but my errand ended up taking 35 and it was somewhere in that 5 minute window that I got a ticket. Bummer! Should have put in more. Better safe than...well ticketed. Anyway, I paid my ticket and put it in the mail to get sent off. No use fighting it. At least it was an unexpired meter ticket, not a improperly parked ticket.

And since I was in such a good mood from that ordeal, I filed my taxes as well. Hurray, I'll be getting money back! Enough money equal to about one paycheck, which will be sweet. I'll plop that right into my savings.

Early in the day was nice. Slept in, had some oatmeal, drew some more magnets.

Friday:

Work was short. We were running a job right when I got in, and that lasted a few good many hours worth of catching. Asked coworker for burger place recommendations. Just can't quite get the best burger in this town.

Boxed the job. Ran the front in black on four shirts, and swapped in the white and Boss roto'd that, and that was that. There will be a good amount of work to be done on Monday. Shirts to count, jobs to run. But that is good. Good to have light weeks and heavy ones. I'm ready for a big week.

After work I got my chili simmering. Janet's mom is in town for the weekend and I met her, and she gave me a big hug. Very sweet lady. Steve came down with a bottle of lovely wine to accompany the chili. A very nice dinner. Afterwards, we all (he, I, Janet, Janet's mom) played rummy. Steve and I paired and won the first round, but didn't come close in the second though we did do some nice plays.

It was a lovely night. I enjoy staying in and learning new games.

No comments: