hi

hi

Monday, February 4, 2013

elementary my dear Joan

It was a solo day at work. Finished both The Maze Runner (not interested enough to move on to the next in the series, even though it is young adult the narrative style came across as really flat) and Nine Princes of Amber (the book felt very abridged and it was interesting, but the production on the audiobook was really weird). So I listened to Cabin Pressure.

25 screens were cleaned, 1 was set aside for future re-running, 4 were taped up for and imminent re-running of the job, and so 20 were reclaimed. Haven't done that in a few weeks. It was a good day for it. I also cleaned squeegees and floodbars. Not a bad start to the week.

In my audiobook queue now is Snow Crash and A Confederacy of Dunces.

At home I took a bath and read in the bath, something I am doing a lot more lately. It is a nice way to wind down after work, and then I climb into jammies all clean and smelling of lavender (the epsom salts have lavender in them, mmm).

Elementary is such a super cute Sherlock Holmes modern adaptation. Well, the chemistry between Sherlock (Jonny Lee Miller) and Watson (Lucy Liu) is really cute. It's a fairly standard police procedural, but it is quite charming. Sherlock wears great shirts:



Those are great shirts! I want them!

Anyway. Monday. And it is two minutes till Tuesday, so time to go to bed.

No comments: