hi

hi

Saturday, February 2, 2013

fun friday in the little beach city

Blimey, I'm tired!

Work was, well, work. Caught several jobs. Cleaned squeegees. Got more magnet scraps. It was pretty warm, though it cools down fast.

After work I swung by Walgreen's and picked up some lavender epsom salts, and other things, and when I got home I had a nice hot bath and drank a nice cold beer and read a nice awesome book.

Later on in the evening I went out for First Friday. Janet had invited me to this show that friends of hers had work it. It was at the Felix Kulpa gallery, and the gallery show theme was work inspired by Tom Waits. It was really cool. Some of the reductive woodblock prints by Bridget Henry (who Janet knows) took my breath away. Just big, complicated, beautiful prints. Lots of layers.

From the gallery I went to a movie night at the CTV station (where Ryan works and has the space to set up the projector in). Met Jesse, Veitta, James, and Daniel. We watched Slither, which was my choice and was backed up by Jesse. The majority hadn't seen it and we were feeling in a horror mood. It is so ridiculous and gross, but Nathan Fillion is amazing. We had a comedy cool down with an episode of Mr. Bean. The group hadn't seen the infamous putting on swim trunks OVER trousers scene, and they loved it. Then Ryan and I watched an episode of Peep Show and I said my good nights.

Tomorrow I maaaaay catch a matinee of The Hobbit. It is at 12:40, so I'll see how I feel in the morning. From then on, I think I'll read through my California Drivers Book and work on other to do things. Be a doer this weekend!

No comments: