hi

hi

Thursday, December 20, 2012

ready to go, I think...

Today's shift was short, which was nice. I was expecting a long day full of stuff, but it was mostly set up for some jobs that will be run in my absence  The boss had shoulder surgery, so he was down and out. I caught a bit of the job, burned and taped screens, cleaned squeegees and floodbars, chatted with Andrew about the holidays, and that was that. I finished Something Rotten. It had some good moments, but I am burnt out on the Thursday Next series for the time being, so I think I'll go listen to some of the things that have been sitting in my audiobook queue. Currently: Horns by Joe Hill. I liked Heart-Shaped Box. He is a writer who gets to the point, so I dig that.

Back at home, I did a load of laundry, I put my prints into frames, I checked in with my flight, I ran an art supply errand, I packed my suitcase, I washed dishes, I swept the floor, I checked the fridge for expired foods and found some so I tossed that, I put the bins out, I contacted Nate (I should leave here at 7 to arrive there at 8 so I can be at the airport at around 9 for my noon flight, lots of time!), and generally got things in order. Not too late did I achieve that goal, neither.

I hope Ma & Pa can pick me up from the ferry tomorrow. It is snowing in Seabeck. I hope I don't spend my break stuck there...though that wouldn't be so bad. Games, wood stove, hot tub, sleeping in, telly, movies.

Though I MUST see The Hobbit again, and soon.

No comments: