hi

hi

Monday, March 7, 2011

time to get real

Slept in. Had my toast and tea. Drew some portraits. Went to Trader Joe's. The Girl Scouts were there!! Only bought one box of Thin Mints. Which I will save for after my mid term review. Found out my panel for the review. Tyler Stout will not be on my, he will be on Jon's. BOO! I have some lady from Nordstrom, some dude from Adidas, and some other person on my panel. I don't know if I should be excited or what. I'm not really nervous though I think when it comes to actually preparing myself, I will be.

Went to school. Printed out my print layers. Finished printing the line work on the Robin layer. Exposed a new set of screens. Got 15 test posters done. Talked to Mel. The emulsion is down to the dredges, so I had to apply it using a card and not a trough. The emulsion is also going to crap and doesn't hold up under the pressure. Mel had some of hers wash out where they were not supposed to. Mine almost did, but I stopped with the hose just in time. Laaame. The posters look great though. Really love the look of them. Can't wait to get the panel input. I kind of am really happy with where the design is. Normally I remove the emulsion from my screen so that my screens are always clean, but I left it. So that if I get the go ahead, I can just print the rest and not have to reexpose. All though it isn't really a "go ahead" but I'd like to have it reaffirmed by other people. Though the people I've shown it to dig the way it looks. Can't wait to print more. Though I'm now realizing how much printing that will be. I asked Patsy if I can use some of her screens in her absence (shes in LA), and she said YES! So now I have five screens. I think the first step will be to print a ton of the flat color sides. Just print a whole ton of those suckers. Saves time on applying emulsion and exposing another screen and clean up later on. And if I can enlist some help and expose a couple screens, all the better. Each layer on an edition of 50 is just under an hours worth of work. I want to print 10-20 posters. Each one is 5 layers. So thats 5 hours a poster edition, so thats 50-100 hours worth of printing. I have seven portrait sides designed, and one concept for the anonymous side. So I have to do a lot more drawing as well. It's going to be work work work from here on out. At least I have five screens now! And lots of time thanks to being unemployed and part time. I think I caught enough sleep the first half of this semester.

Got home at around 11pm.

Oh and also I have to do that paper.

Dinner was a nice salad. Watched me some Parks and Recreation and drew stuff. Tomorrow I don't know quite what I'm up to, but I'm sure to be busy. Oh I think I invited Rollyn over for tacos. Hmm. Might have to cancel. But I really want tacos. I'll get up early. Incentive to be productive? Or should I be a grown up. Class before....dudes.

Todays Portrait Is: RJ Mitte.

No comments: