hi

hi

Saturday, March 12, 2011

eye see part two

I haven't been mentioning my eye issues because they've been getting better. The swelling is gone and now just some little bumps remain but those have been dwindling in size. And then I woke up with another stye. So I wanted to get my eyes checked out my an optometrist. But I didn't want to pay tons of cash to do so. I decided that after my meeting with Martin, I would call around to find a place to get my eye checked.

Meeting with Martin went well. Chatted about the mid term meeting. We won't be meeting next week, but I will instead email him some of my text ideas once I get around to them. We didn't fill up the whole usual 30 minutes. Good sign I guess.

So I got to calling. When I got a hold of the place Legacy Health Care recommended, they gave me the name of the eye doctors to cross check through my insurance to see if they are covered. I called my insurance and found out that medical eye exams are not covered. I called the eye place to see about an appointment and found out that an appointment would be $375. NO WAY. So I'm going to search around. Got some great advice about places to go. I also went to Safeway to see if there are some OTC sty medications. There are, but they were all sold out. I think tomorrow I'll go on a search for more. My drops are almost out. If I can get a remedy that remedies, I won't find a doctor. None would probably be open on the weekend anyway, none that were not emergency care. Lame lame lame.

Yoga calmed me down. Then I printed out six more images to turn into prints. Counted 55 or so sheets for Mel's poster. Emulsified six screens. Exposed the six stencils I printed out. Printed Mel in a lovely Mel shade of brown. And then printed the black. The second layer always goes faster. Flats of color always take longer. Talked to Karen. Talked to BT. Talked to Nico. I must have lost some time in there, because I got out of yoga at 5 and finished printing at 9. I guess set up took a bit longer because of printing out and exposing and letting the screens dry and stuff. I've had good luck with the studio crowds. Printing late at night helps. Hung with Karen. Gave Karen the $12 I owe her (we always seem to owe each other money or favors, it's easy to lend to one another because we know the other is good for it) Showed her my prints. Went home.

OH. Well, I'll mention that when it goes through the pipes. Don't want to announce it and create a bum rush.

Aside from the eye, a good day. Printing. Yay. Mel, Heather & Daniel, Robin, and Jon make four. Samala and Dom are ready to be printed when I get an extra couple hours. I want to get all the images I have ready to go printed within the week. So I can get the other side on them when I make the other side.

Next two days will be fun. It is all research paper.

Todays Portrait Is: January Jones.

No comments: