hi

hi

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

midterm review

Tonight is one of those nights where I don't want to write a thing. I just want to go to sleep or watch TV and chill. Thesis midterm. It is very stressful!

So I accidentally set my alarm to off instead of on. So I slept in. Still, that didn't hinder me too much. I showered. I ate some food (not a scramble though). Looked at my art books and my history books. Wrote some stuff down. Talked to Kristen. At 6 I went to school and ate some food. They provided a free lunch for us. It looked like Tyler Stout didn't even show, nor Adam Haynes. So all that fuss for nothing. Anyway, at 6:30 the reviews started. Mine didn't come around till 8:30, so I set up my studio for the meeting. Mostly putting things into a corner and moving the table out of the way. Then I scanned in some stuff and reprinted a couple things. Then I chilled for half an hour. My panel was Dan, Damien, and Kate. Some designers mostly.

So the review went pretty well. I got a lot of really helpful criticisms from Damien. Dan and Kate were nice. It was a good balance. Got the positives and the negatives. I got some better ideas for the sides of things. The portrait side is there, the conversation isn't. But I got lots of good ideas for how to bring up that conversation. So it was really helpful. It wasn't a disaster or too easy. So yeah, all that stress. And now I'm in a vaguely better place. I'm going to get on with printing the other side though. Just so I have those ready for when I resolve the other side.

Afterwards I went to Yur's. Damien, from my panel, was there as well as another panel member Nick. I sat with them and Dom (after sitting with some classmates who were drunker than me and I didn't feel like conversing with them at that time). They both had graduated from PNCA years ago, which was neat. We talked. I had a beer or two. People left. I joined the design major clan and hung with them and played their games. At after midnight I returned home.

It was a lot of stress, sure, but it ended up being all right. Now it seems like I won't have to do as much public people drawing. Whoo.

Todays Portrait Is: Jon Hamm.

No comments: