hi

hi

Friday, February 11, 2011

soba!

It is utterly impossible to roll out of bed before noon. Blah.

The main problem with my thesis is trying not to try to hard. I was drawing Karen today and all the images were so forced. They didn't have the naturalness. Some were good, but the proportions were inexcusably off, and not just "full of heart" off. But I'm also not fully done with the images. They still need to be shaded. So they are not finished. I think I'll try drawing smaller. It is better to draw small and good than big and empty.

Anyway. Had my usual massive scramble. Now I'm out of beef again. But plenty of eggs. Need to get some mayo. And bread. I'm so uncreative with food. Oh well.

Yoga was restorative today. Longer held poses. Lots of twists. Some strain. But it was nice. I like having yoga in my life. I wonder what will happen when I graduate.

Afterwards I drew Karen in the print lab for a bit. Like I said, the drawings were just not natural. Trying way too hard. I think I should do smaller images. And draw faster. Draw like the zine. After that I finished up my print portfolio piece. For a wide open studio, there wasn't a lot of people there today. Just me and Yoshi. Then Lacey, Karen, and I went to Mio Sushi. I had rice, some shrimp ebi, and soba noodles. Because I haven't had soba noodles in a while. They were good, though kind of one note. We ate Lacey's vegetables. I'm now at the place in my life where I eat OTHER PEOPLE'S veggies. Whaaa. I'm a grow up and stuff, I guess. We had a great conversation about art and our art practices and how we relate to our different mediums. It was lovely.

Went home. Watched Fringe. Worked on drawing portraits some more. Now I'll go to bed and try to get up and do some reading. I think if I incentive myself to get a caramel steamer, I can go get some reading in a cafe done.

Todays Portrait Is: Andy Pilarski.

No comments: