hi

hi

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

eye see

Woke up with my puffy eye even puffier. Still no symptoms of pink eye, just regular old eye sty. Looked up sty on MayoClinic.com (WebMD should be avoided, thanks to my lovely yoga instructor Fawn for the health care searching advice) and followed the advice of a compress. The swelling went down. Still hurts a very little bit. Mostly just sore type of hurting. I'm just going to wait it out. For a second I was thinking about going to the clinic, but that is just me being a hypochondriac. I'll wait and see and if it gets worse or changes, I'll go. But for now, I'll stick with compresses.

Took my sweet time getting out of the house today. Had a second meal before I left, just to make sure I wasn't starving by the time yoga rolled around. It was good that I got to school when I did, before I forgot about print lab congestion. The class was just getting over with when I arrived. Boy, I remember a time when there was a full open lab day. Tomorrow there is also a class and I'm not sure if I should go SUPER early and print before it and get other stuff done in the mean time while they are in critique (they might be in critique, but if they are not, then I can work because the Screen & Relief class is still in Relief). Or do I wait till 5 and print straight through and listen to my audio book. Wednesday sucks for television anyway. I like the sound of the latter. Go late, take no risk and work work work. Instead of hitting the alarm a bunch of times and then taking a nap for four hours. I'll get to my reading tomorrow instead. But back to today. Today I took my paper to the chopper at school and chopped it into a very nicely cut 10"x10" stack. It looks so perfect and ready for printing. After that I played with my print pieces and thought about how they will be arranged on the paper. Before I knew it, it was time for yoga!

A lot of knee work today. Felt good. Got nice and warm. It hasn't been as cold these past few days, which is nice. After yoga I returned home. Worked on drawing stuff mostly. Nibbled on some more food. Contemplated tomorrow. The problem with not over scheduling myself, is when I leave the schedule open I accomplish less. I need to do better about setting firmer goals, instead of leaving things aside. Right now: print portfolio. Right after that: illustration recipe thingy. Right after that: draw people. THESIS! Right after that: work on mind map and writing. I've been doing tons of mind maps, though now we need to perform our mind map for the class. In some sort of performing monkey show.

Did you know Netflix has Top Gear on instant watch? Glee was good I guess. I like when we get character internal monologues. Raising Hope was funny. My eye sty is doing much better. I just put a cold cloth on it and the swelling goes right down. Hurrah! Guess it will be a lipstick only couple days. Oh well. My skin is looking great though. I think I may have nailed a routine that works. Cleanse every night. Use the gentle scrub every other morning. Once a week use the intense scrub.

Todays Portrait Is: Phil Bone.

No comments: