hi

hi

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

rocked it out

Only one more day to wake up early for. I've done it like, three times now!

Needle felting has totally done in my thumb and fore finger. I've jabbed them so many times. Need to let them heal. Which is good, because I've felted most of my felt now.

Got up. Ate scrambled eggs and bacon and tea. Very groggy start. I think I actually grunted when I crawled out of bed.

It was a slow start. I tidied up my note cards. I practiced from the notes. With bumbling, I got past 10 minutes! The influences section is lacking. I also want to expand the start. I feel like it is good, but it isn't very definitive about any aspects or goals. I feel like I repeat myself. "for my peers" "friendship is important to consider" "art should be accessible". I don't think I'm talking the same talks my classmates are, and I'm not sure if that is fine or if I'm off base. I wrote up my proposal before Martin wrote up a little helpful guideline for us.

Anyway, worked on my slide show. Got some better images in. I really need to print that poster. That is my next week goal: print the poster. It won't take that long, I just need to resolve the text. Went to school at 2:30. Chatted with Madeline. Inputted color into the spot images in my slide show to make it pop a little more. Then we went to the other lab to do our thesis thing.

I was first last week, and last this week. We ran late, so I went at 6:15. Finished my animation instead of doing yoga. It was easier to edit the individual images and line them up to the existing sync than to manipulate the separate images and copy and paste. But I know how to reimport sequences, so no biggie. Got a burrito because I hadn't eaten anything substantial since breakfast. Yum. Got home in time for Raising Hope! Loaded Glee. Great episode. Paltrow was another great guest star. I ate half the burrito before animation, and then half while watching my stories. Then I got back into the homework thing. Just gotta do an animation project proposal! Hmmmn.

Oh, my thesis practice went pretty good. Stumbled through cards, but that is better than being straight from an essay. Flow is good. Martin didn't have any major negative comments. I asked if I should talk about research and he told me not to force anything, but didn't disagree when I commented about expanding the start. So yeah, totally awesome. I didn't volunteer, and I sort of figured I would go last because last week went fairly well. Why put someone who was well last week in the earlier, less time restricted slot? Not that I was mad or anything. I could have volunteered any time.

Everyone who has been nervous, has pretty good written proposals. Dominic's was great. Madeline's is concise. Nicole's great sense of humor is back. All in all, a pretty solid batch. There are some overlaps too, which is interesting. Jeff is the only one doing posters, but they are different from my sort of posters.

Okay, there is another set of bathrooms in the 815 area! We didn't know about them! Nice ones too! They are through a fire door, and through a classroom. I always wondered why people go in and out of there, now I know: really nice bathrooms!

Pretty successful day. Need to do those posters now. And do a lot of solidifying of the proposal.

I'm getting itchy again. Hmm.

Also I did my hair up in heidi braids. You know, with the braids looped over the top and pinned. I dig the look. I need to do it more often. It is perfect for the days when my hair is gross but not gross enough to justify the trouble of washing it.

When I'm done with college, I want to do something. Travel for a while maybe. Step away from seven years of college and really do something. I don't know what.

No comments: