hi

hi

Friday, May 14, 2010

"what was that again?" "a mobius strip!"

AHhhh oh my god my Junior year is DONE! I'M GOING TO BE A SENIOR! THESIS! DIPLOMA! REAL LIFE! AAhHH!!

For some stupid reason, I decided to bike my puppet to school instead of getting up 20 minutes earlier and walking. I had a death grip on the opening in the top and my handlebar, and even then the nose skinned some paint. Dang. Still, I arrived, and people dug it.

Nigel's puppet was one of my favorites. He attached a marionette to his guitar and sang and played for us and went in a circle and made the puppet dance as well. It was amazing. Leah dressed herself up as one of those inflatable tube people. There were a lot of puppets dancing to music. Music provided by Justin on the ukulele, Andrea on the bass, Kevin on the drums, and Nigel on the guitar. Robin volunteered me, and I just danced with my head flopping about. It didn't stay secure all that well. The rigging was terrible. But it was fun. I also played Kevin's drums a bit with the big head. It was a fun final all together. I don't have any documentation of it sadly.

Beautiful day. We had to have our pieces on the wall at 11am, but the meetings were one on one and I had mine scheduled at 3 so I could get stuff done. Unfortunately I got it done all too well and had to kill a few hours. But the weather was prime for time killing. Just lazy and sunny. Mmm.

My meeting with Martin went really well. He had high compliments for the Ravenous posters. He seemed thrilled that I was still stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new things that were still me. He said for the summer to think about concepts, to sketch sketch sketch, and play with typography.

I was having trouble getting a hold of Karen, who was supposed to help me take my flat file and locker home, but her phone was off or something. Through Lacey and many room changes, I caught up with her in the print lab. Tomorrow she will help me move out my stuff.

I ended up hanging out with BT, Daniel, and Heather in the print lab for an hour. Justin and Phil stopped by as well. Just a lot of chat and joking. Karen and Lacey returned from their test and we went out for ice cream! Ice cream crew: BT, Karen, Lacey, Heather, Daniel, Phil, Tabitha, Sarah (I think)... whoo! I had a root beer float. We all sat at Jameson Square Park and looked like a real cool bunch. We played with the wig I made for my puppet, Daniel found his way into my bag because I turned around and he was wearing my scarf and put on my helmet and sunglasses. Hahah. It is a good scarf.

We parted ways into a couple groups. BT, Lacey, Heather, Karen and I went to Low Brow Lounge and got various forms of fried potatoes and fish. I just had a sprite. Mmm. The night was really nice.

Walked Karen to a Max stop and rode home. Took a shower because I was really warm and I was wearing dark constricting pants. Tomorrow I break out the pale legs and shorts! Day after tomorrow I go to Seabeck!

No comments: