hi

hi

Sunday, May 9, 2010

nice weather is here!

Totally sluggish start to the day. Alarm went off at 9:20, and I kept hitting the 10 minute snooze. Eventually I got up and texted Karen telling her no hurry.

Fabric Depot trip!! BT tagged a long.

I just needed some brown polar fleece for the hair. Fleece would have enough body and would hold up to being shredded without unravelling or leaving lots of little threads. Plus you wouldn't get the under color. I found a great color for 8.99 a yard at 20% off, and bought a Crunchie and Curly Wurly to go along with it. BT bought some buttons and interfacing. Karen found some cloth as well. Whoo!

Then we got lunch at a Mexican restaurant on 82nd. I had a chimichanga. It was quite delicious. I treated Karen in exchange for the car ride (better than pitching in for gas or whatever).

After lunch we headed to Scrap, a place where people donate left over supplies, out dated this and that, or overstock. It is resold on the super cheap. It is a pretty cool place, I haven't been since the pre-college program I attended in 2006. Has practical stuff like fabric and yarn, and then it has piles of thank you stickers with people's names on them, miscellaneous crayon buckets, and things you pay for by the handful. I got four clothing patterns for 1$! I got two shirt patterns, a jumper pattern, and a romper pattern. Some summer projects. They had collected patterns you could get for a buck, but I bet a lot of them were not very good at all. Whoo!

Today was sunny and lovely and so we went for ice cream. Sat out side and chomped on delicious Ben & Jerry's. Finally the weather is behaving like May. It was March for too long. April never happened.

I was driven back and then it was work time.

Got to painting my puppet head. Had to give it a face. Took about two hours and I still have more to do. Also started work on the wig cap. Instead of gluing the fabric to the head, I decided to make a cap that fits the head and sew the fabric onto that. Then I can rig the wig to the head and not have to worry about chunks getting ripped off or falling off due to poor gluing. Got about a third of the cap pinned into place. A lot of work, but it is quite fun to sit and listen to This American Life and put the pieces together.

Also did a drawing of my jade plant. Still behind on work. Have a big essay to write tomorrow. Some Ravenous sketches to sort out. More little illustration stuff to assemble...ehh yeah.

No comments: