hi

hi

Friday, February 19, 2010

ohygod you guys ohmygod

I had a great day when it comes to ink washing. I switched to newsprint instead of the pad of bond paper. Worked a lot better. Nicole was our model. Morgan read to us from A World Lit Only by Fire. He also explained why he always wears the same thing day after day: it makes life easier by not having to think about one more thing. Every morning it is a black teeshirt and Levi 501s. If it is cold: shoes, warm: flip flops.

Illustration was a low key day as it turned out. All the plans Martin had sort of fell apart, so it was a work day. My book cover was approved, it was just suggested to think about the icons a little more. I spent some time working on color and text. Lunch was Quiznos and Lucien Freud artbooks in the library. Man I love that guy. Draws hands with the same attention to detail as faces.

At 3pm I joined the life drawing session in 815C. Nicole was our model again! Quick poses and a couple longer ones. Just drew in my sketchbook. It was fun.

It was a brilliantly sunny day. Had a lovely ride home.

At 6ish Madeline called me to ask if I was busy tonight and if I wanted to join her at the Keller Auditorium for Legally Blond: The Musical. I said yes enthusiastically. I dressed in pink and black and met her outside at 7:15ish. Her grandma and great aunt were there as well. Very sweet ladies. The musical was very fun. It had some really good numbers, some sparkly costumes, UPS guy... A brilliant way to end the week. And since I wasn't familiar with the musical version of the movie, it was all new for me.

I put the registration for Stumptown Comics Fest in the mail. I hope we get our half table.

Don't know what I'll do this weekend. Read. Maybe go to school and see about printing out some patterns. Buy some 9" zippers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that you wore pink to "Legally Blond, the Musical." It's coming to Seattle next; maybe I should go see it. ~lp